If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCD-720AE display issue ?

Options
  • 15-08-2013 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just wondering if I've an issue with this player I got off you about 3 months ago.
    The display on the cd player reads the cd it states the open and close etc...until the first track starts to play then goes blank ? And nothing appears on the screen again until some button is pressed ?

Any ideas what's up ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Muppetkiller.

The issue is that the dimmer button has been pressed.

If you dim the display down to it's lowest setting, the display will be dimmed to a level which when you press the play button, it will go off completely. It only comes back on when the disc is finished or you hit another button.

If you press the dimmer button to bring the brightness up a level then it will resolve this.

Let me know how you get on.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Hi Muppetkiller.

The issue is that the dimmer button has been pressed.

If you dim the display down to it's lowest setting, the display will be dimmed to a level which when you press the play button, it will go off completely. It only comes back on when the disc is finished or you hit another button.

If you press the dimmer button to bring the brightness up a level then it will resolve this.

Let me know how you get on.

ATB

Dave
    Thanks that seems to work but it's not consistent. It seems the default setting each time I turn on the player is 'off'..I'll play around with it for another few days and see if I can figure it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Doesn't sound right. 

Does the CD player reset to the lowest brightness each time, irrespective of what level of brightness it's at when you switch it off ?

Cheers

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Doesn't sound right. 

Does the CD player reset to the lowest brightness each time, irrespective of what level of brightness it's at when you switch it off ?

Cheers

Dave
    Ok I tried last night and seem to have sorted it (I think) , you need to press the dimmer button on the remote before any other button is pressed otherwise it just doesn't register the dimmer options during play.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Doesn't sound right. 

Cheers

Dave
    Ok I tried last night and seem to have sorted it (I think) , you need to press the dimmer button on the remote before any other button is pressed otherwise it just doesn't register the dimmer options during play.
    Hi Muppet,

Glad that's sorted it for you.  

If there is anything else we can help with just let me know.

Chris

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.