Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile: patchy text delivery to USA ?

• 15-08-2013 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

I'm just posting a query here looking for feedback from other eMobile users, or indeed other networks.
    I've had trouble recently sending texts to USA numbers which, in the past, I have successfully sent to. Haven't changed my phone, haven't changed any settings.

I've already contacted eMobile on their own forum, and the response from them is that they only have an agreement with AT&T and cannot guarantee delivery of texts to any other US network provider numbers.

Since I like to know that my texts are getting through (and sometimes it's important), I'm just wondering if anybody else has any experience relating to this.
    Or does anybody know a network provider here who can "guarantee" delivery to any US number regardless of provider over there. I might need to switch, because emailing those people isn't always practical and ringing them from a mobile would be an expense I don't need. I'm not looking for 100% guaranteed delivery, but for all 6 of my last messages to never arrive is too high a fail rate :(.

Advertisement