Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 10 on Amazon?

Comments

I'm not even going to click the link. It's a third party seller, no different than buying it from Ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Is this the same tablet that is only available through google?
    It definitely seems to be. It is advertised as such and it's through Amazon, which is a very reputable company. Also, there are 40 reviews from customers. I only skimmed through, but I didn't see anyone describe it as a Chinese fake or anything.
    Can it be shipped to Ireland?
    That's the question, really. Quite possibly. If you try to order it, you will be told very quickly whether the seller ships to Ireland or not.
    Would this be an easier option than the whole flubit thing?
    I'm not too familiar with Flubit, but ordering from Amazon really is very simple. There's no messing around with Parcel Motel either, assuming that the seller ships to Ireland.

I only ever had one problem with something I bought from Amazon. The wrong product shipped, I contacted the seller through Amazon, sent the product back and received a new one, no problem. I think that they reimbursed me for postage as well.

It definitely seems to be. It is advertised as such and it's through Amazon, which is a very reputable company. Also, there are 40 reviews from customers. I only skimmed through, but I didn't see anyone describe it as a Chinese fake or anything.

Those 40 reviews are for the tablet, not for the seller. The majority if not all of people who have reviewed it did not buy from that particular seller, so do not take the reviews as a sign of a good seller. Amazon may be a reputable company, but Amazon will have nothing to do with it if you buy it form one of these sellers. Make sure you pick a seller with good rep, and remember that if you want to return it or need it repaired under warranty you will be dealing with the 3rd party seller and not with Amazon. Like I said, no different than buying from Ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Would this be an easier option than the whole flubit thing?

You can't buy nexus devices off Google play through flubit any more anyway I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

It seems it can't be shipped to Ireland anyway so it's the same old problem I'm afraid

I'm looking for a tablet simply for entertainment-browsing the internet, watching movies and the like. However given how much I will use it I want one that will do this very well. The whole option for this tablet seems so messy for my liking though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

It seems it can't be shipped to Ireland anyway so it's the same old problem I'm afraid

I'm looking for a tablet simply for entertainment-browsing the internet, watching movies and the like. However given how much I will use it I want one that will do this very well. The whole option for this tablet seems so messy for my liking though.

Parcel motel works with Amazon.

But as others have pointed out, buying a tablet from the Amazon Market place is no different to buying from Ebay which may be a problem

Those 40 reviews are for the tablet, not for the seller. The majority if not all of people who have reviewed it did not buy from that particular seller, so do not take the reviews as a sign of a good seller. Amazon may be a reputable company, but Amazon will have nothing to do with it if you buy it form one of these sellers. Make sure you pick a seller with good rep, and remember that if you want to return it or need it repaired under warranty you will be dealing with the 3rd party seller and not with Amazon. Like I said, no different than buying from Ebay.
    Amazon guarantees the condition of the item and the timeliness of delivery. Amazon's A-Z Guarantee, which applies to third party sellers: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=help_search_1-1?ie=UTF8&nodeId=3149571
    We want you to buy with confidence anytime you purchase products on the Amazon.co.uk website. That's why we guarantee purchases from third party Sellers when payment is made via the Amazon.co.uk website. The condition of the item you buy and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the Amazon A-to-z Safe Buying Guarantee.

Amazon guarantees the condition of the item and the timeliness of delivery. Amazon's A-Z Guarantee, which applies to third party sellers: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=help_search_1-1?ie=UTF8&nodeId=3149571

Which is similar protection to what Paypal gives you on Ebay.

Which is similar protection to what Paypal gives you on Ebay.
    eBay offering to resolve matters with a vendor is not as good as a guarantee from Amazon as to a product's condition, in my view.

Resolving matters with a vendor is exactly what Amazon are guaranteeing, nothing else. They are guaranteeing that an item's condition is as you believe by allowing you to make a claim if it isn't, similar to Paypal, and not before it ships. If you receive the item and it is defective etc., that's when that comes in to force, not before, and you can make an Amazon.co.uk A-to-z Safe Buying Guarantee claim similar to a Paypal claim.
    You can file an Amazon.co.uk A-to-z Safe Buying Guarantee claim if you purchased physical goods from a Seller selling on the Amazon.co.uk website (including the Amazon.co.uk Marketplace platform). See "Exclusions from coverage" below for a list of items that are not covered by the A-to-z Safe Buying Guarantee

One of the three conditions below must also apply:
    You made payment to the Seller through the Amazon.co.uk website, but they failed to deliver the item within 3 calendar days from the maximum estimated delivery date for your order; or
    you received the item, but the item was defective, damaged, or not the item depicted in the seller's description; or
    you returned the item to the seller under an agreement between you and the Seller but the seller hasn't provided the agreed refund to you after receiving the item.

• Advertisement

The passage that you quoted is not the guarantee. What you quoted are conditions which must apply in order for a claim to be made under the guarantee.
    Resolving matters with a vendor is exactly what Amazon are guaranteeing, nothing else.
    That is not what Amazon states on the website. See below. Purchasers are required to go through the process of contacting the seller, etc., and Amazon attempts to effect a resolution. However, the website states that Amazon guarantees the product, as set out in the quoted paragraph below. If you say that the guarantee is not actually a product and delivery guarantee as it says it is, but rather a promise to attempt to resolve matters, please show where this is written. Amazon's wording is:
    we guarantee purchases from third party Sellers when payment is made via the Amazon.co.uk website. The condition of the item you buy and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the Amazon A-to-z Safe Buying Guarantee.
    They are guaranteeing that an item's condition is as you believe by allowing you to make a claim if it isn't, similar to Paypal, and not before it ships. If you receive the item and it is defective etc., that's when that comes in to force, not before,
    The guarantee is part of the terms of sale when you purchase the item. The guarantee is in place at that point. However, the terms of the guarantee show that a claim can only be made under said guarantee if the item is defective or not fitting the description, etc. You mentioned Paypal: what does Paypal offer by way of buyer protection?

Sorry folks, we've gone waaaay off topic. Anyway, I'm not sure I understand the point you are making, it sounds like you just said exactly what I said! But the Amazon guarantee is as I said very similar to Ebay's and Paypal's guarantee.

Advertisement