Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeping fps under 328

• 15-08-2013 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I have a G&G CM16 Raider L. Last measurement on chrono at redhills was 300fps with 0.2.
    I would like to increase accuracy and groupings, so I would like to change barrel to 6.03 and get a good rubber (possibly will try r-hop in future). Else I would like to get better air seal.
    My problem is, from what I have read, all of mentioned increases not only accuracy and groupings but FPS as well. I don't have my own chrono and I afraid to upgrade airsoft device and before skirmish find out that I'm over FPS limit.
    Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Changing a standard 6.08 barrel for a tight bore 6.03 barrel will usually increase the FPS by somewhere between 5 and 10 FPS so you should be OK

Always best to check the FPS after all and any mods done that could affect the overall performance

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭traume

Thank you!
    And what about rubber and air seal? How much that would bring up FPS?
    If in case I'm over FPS, is it better to remove some of the mods or downgrade the spring?
    Is there anybody in Naas who would like to help out Newbie with chrono?! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

traume wrote: »
    Thank you!
    And what about rubber and air seal? How much that would bring up FPS?
    If in case I'm over FPS, is it better to remove some of the mods or downgrade the spring?
    Is there anybody in Naas who would like to help out Newbie with chrono?! :)

My M4 went from 322fps to 345fps with just a change in the rubber, obviously improved the airseal greatly, I installed a tight bore barrel and got no FPS difference but to be fair I went from 6.05 to 6.03, but every manufacturer is different. So you will have to experiment. Should be fine though, and stock G&G green rubbers are quite good imo.

I'd chance the inner barrel first and see if it gives you the desired affect you want, then go from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

I have the raider l myself put a 6.01 tbb into it with a shs red hop rubber(hobby airsofter) with a modified m nub(got off friend not sure who does them).Gun runs around 315 - 325 with all that done 325 being on a very hot day in redhills.Just outside naas myself and have a chrono never be stuck.

Cheers guys for input!
    I'll contact you brenak47 after upgrades if you don't mind.
    Has anybody noticed/tried r-hop fps changes? R-hop doesn't look that hard to install, just - is it really worth it?!

• Advertisement

Cheers guys for input!
    I'll contact you brenak47 after upgrades if you don't mind.
    Has anybody noticed/tried r-hop fps changes? R-hop doesn't look that hard to install, just - is it really worth it?!

Unless you replace the rubber with one that gives a greater seal it will not bump up the fps.

R-hops can be tricky, am ordering some soon after my first failed attempt, a gent on boards gave me a patch but it did not turn out great. Some people swear by them others prefer the flat hop and all that.

Thats no hassle man just drop me a pm.Have a look a vids on u tube about the r hop been looking at it myself for my sniper but as southerndandy has stated they can go wrong and i don't think there as easy to install as they look.The top of the r hop hop has to be smooth with the barrel and the inner part has to be just right for it to work.If there to much of a gap it won't work and if its to tight it won't work.One of these days i'll give it a try when i have the head for it lol.

On my last game in redhills I noticed, that there was one guy whos accuracy and range was amazing. My BB's were falling beside him but his BB's were passing my head :) Once we are limited to same FPS, I would say it is something to do with barrel and hop up combination.
    I feel like my CM16 raider is like my civic tuning when I was 18 lol

On my last game in redhills I noticed, that there was one guy whos accuracy and range was amazing. My BB's were falling beside him but his BB's were passing my head :) Once we are limited to same FPS, I would say it is something to do with barrel and hop up combination.
    I feel like my CM16 raider is like my civic tuning when I was 18 lol

What range is your aeg putting out?.

SD, I can't tell you exact distance, but it was just as everybody else, except one guy who had better range then most of us.
    Have to go out to Wicklow mountains to try out exact accuracy range.

• Advertisement

SD, I can't tell you exact distance, but it was just as everybody else, except one guy who had better range then most of us.
    Have to go out to Wicklow mountains to try out exact accuracy range.

Well a rough figure would do, My M4 fires accuately at 50m and I could probably walk another 10 by adjusting my aim with good weather conditions and .25g bb's, my EBR which has a longer and tighter barrel can shoot roughly 40m, neither of these are R-hopped but I banged out that range with a good hop up/Barrel combo.

The EBR is the aeg I plan to r-hop even if I got 10m extra metres out of it and a nice grouping I would be happy. Given our legal fps/joule limit I would be really really surprised if I got a massive boost in range.

Every skirmish I have been at I dont find myself engaging targets at 50m+, maybe after my next purchase I might chance a bolt action rifle and see what I can get out of that.

Warning to cm16 raider owners -
    I have been only on 1 game with it, but when was changing bushings to bearings I noticed couple things -
    1)there was no grease on one of the gears, could see wear signs on other gears
    2)very bad factory shim job (2 shims on each gear)
    3)compression in cylinder was very bad (changed o-ring, helped, but still not perfect)
    4) trigger contacts should be cleaned( I'm not heavy handed)
    5)if putting in SHS 8mm bearings be ready to use a lot of shims (0.6-1mm each side).

Southern Dandy, today my friend is bringing our CM16 and GR15 for FPS check in HobbyAirsoft, if they will refuse, will I be able to get your help during this week? On Saturday is a game,
    Because of improved compression I feel lots of extra power, just to make sure that marshals at Redhills doesn't kick me out from site I would like to check FPS :)
    Just from an O-ring change I'm shooting through the cardboard box from 25m, before it hit the box and fall off.

And back to the topic -
    you guys say that changing hop up rubber+barrel brings you to the 320-325fps, so if making air seal perfect which is important for groupings FPS will go even more up. How to deal with it? Put Sorbo on and make AoE adjustment to keep FPS down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

Southern Dandy, today my friend is bringing our CM16 and GR15 for FPS check in HobbyAirsoft, if they will refuse, will I be able to get your help during this week?

I'd be very surprised if the folks in Hobby or any of the known retailers would refuse to check the fps of an AEG. It takes but a minute and if nothing else, brings customers to the store to make purchases they would otherwise not have :)

If u don't get to hobby give me a shout and u can use my chrono. I'll be in redhills myself sat.U have no fear of being kicked off site there not that bad over there.If a gun is over they will help to get it right as it was never intended to be over.The lads and regulars are sound over there and never leave anyone stuck.

Cheers guys!
    Hobby' s airsoft as always on top of the ball, they had no problem checking guns, so 311fps. Great, we are safe :)
    10 fps from 0-ring change, great :)
    See you on Saturday ;)

Southern Dandy, today my friend is bringing our CM16 and GR15 for FPS check in HobbyAirsoft, if they will refuse, will I be able to get your help during this week?

I am not even remotely near you I am afraid, but plenty folks up that neck of the woods would gladly help ya (brenak47 :)).

Depending on what cylinder type you have on your aeg correcting aoe does reduce your fps marginally with a non ported cylinder, mine was a type 1 so it reduced it again, the proof was in the chrono'ing if anyone was by chance wondering. Correcting aoe is something I do to my aegs and will continue to do, gives your gearbox shell and parts more of dampener so they should last a lot longer.

Advertisement