Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV Remote Access New Router

Options
  • 15-08-2013 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭

I had to intsall a new eircom router. Remote view on smartphone was setup on old router (by me) and worked fine always.

I can't seem to replicate the router settings on the new router no matter what i do. I have set new router firewall setting to low.

Images attached show old router settings which worked fine and new router setting options. What should i enter in new router setting??? No matter what I enter in various formats thing wont work? I think I missing something obvious and would be grateful for your expert input!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Ok.. So on the new router fill in all the ports the same for port 80 & enter the IP address.
    Then do the same for port 30000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭brinks_18476

KoolKid wrote: »
    Ok.. So on the new router fill in all the ports the same for port 80 & enter the IP address.
    Then do the same for port 30000.

Hi Koolkid, thanks very much for your reply. I tried to replicate your advise but failed. I think I'm missing something obvious here.
    I have attached the settings I have entered for port forwarding and the dvr settings (if they are relevant) for anyone that might be able to help.

Btw the settings attached are still working on the old modem. I just plugged it in to try it and can see cctv fine on phone.

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A Couple of things.
    You have port 80 forwarded to your router, it should be forwarded to the IP of the DVR.
    You have no DNS set up on the DVR. Set these as 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
    Also if there's a firewall on that router make sure it's set to low.
    Also the setting on the DVR is 34567 but on the router port 3000 is forwarded.

A Couple of things.
    You have port 80 forwarded to your router, it should be forwarded to the IP of the DVR.

Thanks Koolkid I'll try again during week and will post update

A Couple of things.

Firewall set to low and I have entered port forwarding in various trial and error with no luck as attached.
    I plugged in old router again with the settings detailed photo attached to oringal post and everything still works. As far as I can see I have the same settings in the new router as attached. Thanks

• Advertisement

I'm confused. Why are you forwarding the ports to the routers IP as well?
    Try removing these.
    Also try with the firewall off.

I'm confused. Why are you forwarding the ports to the routers IP as well?
    Try removing these.
    Also try with the firewall off.

TBH I don't even know what port forwarding or which ones are forwarding to routers IP. I'm a bit of a chancer. Got it working for years on old router but just can't seem to get it going on new router for remote access. It works fine on WiFi. I turned firewall off and rebooted router. No luck. But thanks for your help!

Delete all those ones that are forwarded to 192.168.1.254

Delete all those ones that are forwarded to 192.168.1.254

I did that and it works! Thanks for your time and patience!!!

You're welcome. Glad you got it sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement