Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tyre Pressure Loss - E60 520D M-SPORT ( Run Flat Tyres )

Options
  • 15-08-2013 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi All,

I had two bulges in my passengers tyre last week and the tire needed to be replaced with the same tyre but obviously a newer one. When I had the tyre with the bulges , I went onto my Idrive to the flat tyre monitor to confirm pressure but forgot to turn it off and now since my new tyre was fitted today a tyre pressure loss came up on my I-Drive which I reset. Im wondering if its ok to drive just because the warning light is gone or was the reset just to get rid of the warning light ?

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Sandy67

?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Are the tyre pressures all ok?

they seem solid enough yes ! Maybe its just that they needed to be reset because a new tyre was fitted because I still had the flat tyre monitor on when the new tyre was being fitted and forgot to turn it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The system does need to be reset when all four tyres are at their correct pressures. You'll find details in the handbook.

I understand. Well it has been reset now its just that I wanted re-assurance incase it happened again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTM5eCu5KavsJMuHgHf-mssJgtZwjIGevCdN6G8wAaMrDmMONE9

• Registered Users Posts: 51,222 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Every time you put air in the tyres or have the tyres changed you need to reset the tyre pressure monitoring (TPM) system.

Here is a video on how to reset it:

Hi Bazz26,

Since mine are run flat they get reset via flat tyre monitor which I did reset and the warning light has came off and all is good now and thats what I thought it was and luckily enough it is..

Thanks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Sandy67 wrote: »
    Hi Bazz26,

Since mine are run flat they get reset via flat tyre monitor which I did reset and the warning light has came off and all is good now and thats what I thought it was and luckily enough it is..

Thanks.

Makes no difference if you have run flats or normal tyres. You still need to rest the RPA system in the iDrive any time you adjust the pressure in any of the tyres as the system works by measuring the rolling radius of one wheel against all the others.

If the system notices one wheel different to the rest then it sets off the alert.

Yes I understand that but since my car can only have run flat tyres on the wheel they only have a flat tyre monitor which re-setted my tyre pressure loss malfunction.

• Advertisement
Advertisement