Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AonInsure

• 15-08-2013 7:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭

Soo..just got my renewal notice from Aon and was hoping it would be a bit clearer that last year. No luck.

Top of the notice it says Total Due = €792. Down further it says I should fill in the Direct Debit Mandate for the amount of €257. And the NCD amount is €968. Thanks for making it simple Aon!

It also gives a link to renew via credit card on their website so I had a look. Filled in my name, reference code, policy number, phone number and email address hoping it would display the amount due. Nope...just an empty box for me to enter a value. And then it just got stupid. When I try to select a renewal date, it doesn't let me choose any date after August (my policy is due for renew on Sept 6th).

I wonder if this year they will email/text me another 5-6 times telling me I must FAX in a load of details as well?

I've been with Aon for years now, but I'm getting a bit sick of them now. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,618 ✭✭✭prunudo

One word 'Adelaide'

Give them a ring and see how you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

€792 is your premium.

€257 is your 30% deposit and then you'll pay the rest over 10 months.

Ring the others for a comparative price.

AON wanted 300 from me, best price from them after a call was €281. Liberty and Carole Nash were over €400. Went with Adelaide for €258.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Adelaide are by FAR the most competitive at the moment, by a far bit not just small %. If you have at least 1 yrs NCB I would be calling them for sure. If you are getting insured for the 1st time it might be different.

I have 2yr NCB and my current insurer then (AON) wanted mad money for the change from the FZ6 to the Sprint 1050 and that was when I was with them for 2 yrs.. Adelaide were nearly €300 cheaper with a better policy all round leathers and helmet cover, and ride any bike etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

RosieJoe wrote: »
    €792 is your premium.

€257 is your 30% deposit and then you'll pay the rest over 10 months.

Ring the others for a comparative price.

AON wanted 300 from me, best price from them after a call was €281. Liberty and Carole Nash were over €400. Went with Adelaide for €258.

There's no mention anywhere about paying the rest over time. That's what was confusing. It's worded as one-off payment of €257.

Frankly, I'm astonished that the premium would go from €240 last year to €792 this year. No claims, no change of address or change in how the bike is used etc.

I guess I'll be giving Adelaide a call!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

If opting for Adelaide, pay by Debit card otherwise they surcharge for a Credit card payments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Just checked my renewal and it has the total due and the DD amount. The DD assumes you're paying by instalments.

Advertisement