Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Pavilion G6 Problem

Options
  • 15-08-2013 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

MY HP Pavilion g6 laptop has decided it doesn't want to turn on sometimes, when i press the power button the laptop tries to start up and the fan starts but that's as far as it goes,the screen stays blank with and without battery so not a battery problem - when it does turn on it runs perfect, it probably starts 50% of the time,have scanned/defragmented etc...any solutions/ideas much appreciated before I have to pay to put it in! thanking you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Many older models like this suffer from poor cooling design and have issues with overheating. Especially with GPU chip. You can replace the cr@ppy gpu thermal pad with copper shims, but it may not be a total fix. De-fluffing is always a good idea. Run it always on a hard surface, preferably raised up from it with maybe a couple of pencils, or one of those USB fans.Back up your data!

Advertisement