Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renovated House on Church Road

Options
  • 15-08-2013 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

Does anyone know what the renovated old house on Church Road opposite Cavistons is going to be? There has been ongoing works and I am curious to know if anyone knows what's going in there. It's a business as far as i can tell and there was a commercial audio van doing alot of work there during the week.

HI

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

About the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Commercial audio van installing a very nice home theatre system perhaps. Nice house, looks like its being well insulated too. New timber sash windows in the front and a composite front door. All in all, a few quid being spent on such a prominently positioned house on the main street of Greystones.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Whats the story with the stone wall on the righthand boundary? Earlier in the year the stonemason and his helpers worked all over the June bank holiday weekend Saturday, Sunday & Monday as if there was a huge urgency to have the wall completed but after that it has been abandoned. ( the wall I mean)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

Hi all,

Does anyone know what the renovated old house on Church Road opposite Cavistons is going to be? There has been ongoing works and I am curious to know if anyone knows what's going in there. It's a business as far as i can tell and there was a commercial audio van doing alot of work there during the week.

HI
    The down side of having work done on your future home in full view of the local citizenry..
    Second time this question has been asked, for the second time, it's residential..

Yes to be used as a residence, but still has Town Centre zoning. Will require a further planning application if to be used as anything else.

@pixbyjohn, PM sent re: stone wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Nosey boys :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Hedgehog Interrupted

Thank you everyone, residential it is then! :)

Thank you everyone, residential it is then! :)

For now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    For now ;)

Is this not the place?
    http://www.mcgovernestates.ie/commercial/brochure/1923353

If so it was sold with fpp for ground floor retail and upstairs restaurant

And subsequently applied for other works relating to the existing residential house. Planning Ref: 126707

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Interesting to see the whole house being wrapped in external insulation.
    It'll be warm inside it this winter anyway.

hmm, thermal mass of the existing house - me likes. I trust they have appropriately installed a vapour control layer to prevent interstitial condensation. I can put threads to sleep!

astrofluff wrote: »
    hmm, thermal mass of the existing house - me likes. I trust they have appropriately installed a vapour control layer to prevent interstitial condensation. I can put threads to sleep!

I forecast that in 10 years time or so all those houses will regret installing that insulation as they will be reeking with dampness. It is a great fad at present though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Meh..... you're just jealous :D

Advertisement