Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Cylinders for Superser Heaters

Options
  • 15-08-2013 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Might have to get one of these heaters and would like some advice as to brand of cylinder to go for.

Is Calor Kosangas still King here in Waterford so readily available and one to go for.

How about Flogas Cylinders/others --- Avoid?

Do you still need a different regulator for different makes.

What make is this one.

gascylinder_zpse41928e0.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭karbonkoncepts

that is a butane cylinder "yellow", the other you can get would be a propane cylinder "blue" and that requires a different regulator and burns at a higher temperature than butane, ideal for cooking on a camping stove as its fast but will be too hot for a superser heater and most wont burn propane anyway unless its industrial. stick with the butane for the superser its safer and please make sure you purchase a carbon monoxide detector if you are using a superser, a slight leak or misburn can cause a build up of carbon monoxide a silent killer..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

thanks for that karbonkoncepts, all coming back to me now, years since I used gas cylinders.

Calor gas and I think Flogas both have 'yellow' cylinders, but do they still have different regularors.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dreddfan

fuel depot across fromthe halfway house on the tramore rd is the cheapest for gas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Butane which is the snap on regulator mostly used is for heating by and large, propane is a variable regulator that is screwed on and used for blow lamps etc that need higher pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

Dunphy's shop Cork rd are the authorised dealers for Calor Gas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

So this

bottledgas_securiseal01.jpg

5_image_1297886932.jpg
    Flogas cylinder which has a collar round the neck to protect the valve, which I like, so Calor & Flogas cyllinders BOTH use this type of regulator.

ODk4YWMxYzQwZGE5ZTFkYTI5NzE0OTc0NmFjNDk3ZDdt6ldwukXXOAJtfDERM29XaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZTE2ZGMxOTk5ZGJkZGM4M2Q4ZTRiMTliZWUzYzVkMjI4MjFhYzMyM2UxYzA5MDIyZGI5NDlmOGM2ZWNiMDA4Mi5qcGd8fDI5NHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

its just that I always thought they each had their own 'different type' of regulator to make you use 'their' cylinders all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

And be very careful with ventilation when using one of these. I nearly died a good few years ago as I fell asleep in a room with one of these burning and no ventilation.

I'd never use one now cos of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Deisedayo

Dreddfan wrote: »
    fuel depot across fromthe halfway house on the tramore rd is the cheapest for gas

Got mine there recently €23

Advertisement