Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payday 2

Options
  • 15-08-2013 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Going to pick up payday 2 tomorrow after work for the ps3.
    Has anyone played it yet? Is it any different/ better than the first
    If anyone is getting it for ps3 feel free to add me
    dvalo9.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I have it on PC. I haven't played much of it, and only been playing offline at the moment so that I can figure out what needs doing on each map, but it's pretty good and I'd say a lot more fun with real people (the team ai is awful and can't even pick up bags of loot, leaving you to do everything).

There's a lot more variety than the original game and while the maps are the same for most of the missions, parts of them are randomised so that you can't really adopt the same technique every time you rob a specific bank. It seems next to impossible to pull off a stealth mission and something will nearly always go wrong. But that's the moment that the fun actually begins and things become a hell of a lot more tense than when I played the original game.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

The original game was just okay, but a great concept. If this improves on the game play I'll pick it up, especially as a group of lads I know are planning on picking it up. Nothing like getting together with a group of mates to rob a bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Whitewater-AGS

Plan on picking it up but might wait on the stream Christmas sale, hopefully we'll get a boards crew up and running on the PC

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

Picked it up yesterday, it's far better than the first and upgrades and customizations come fast. getting into a lobby can be tough as games fill up fast. but when playing with a competent bunch the game is a blast

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭_DMac_

i'm online now playing this and I honestly haven't got a clue how to get into an online game. anyone got any ideas or wanna have a game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Got the xbox 360 version of this game for Christmas. Whats the deal with connection issues?

I cannot connect to any game :mad: The demo had the same problem after a while. I did a search and seems some people have the problems, others no problems at all. Anything I can do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Payday 2 is free to play on steam till Monday. I'm downloading it at the moment so I can have a go at clearing the main story over the weekend should be time for a bit of co-op as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

There is no main story tho, sadly.
    Just online play and offline pay. You pick various missions. Being honest the game isnt fun offline (as it can be really hard by yourself)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Steam wouldn't give me the option to download it free? just saying it was 9.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

When I was on the games page in the steam store it just said you already own payday 2 and you just click play now to download.
    There is no main story tho, sadly.
    Just online play and offline pay. You pick various missions. Being honest the game isnt fun offline (as it can be really hard by yourself)

Ah I didn't realise that there was no story online it is then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

kevovek wrote: »
    When I was on the games page in the steam store it just said you already own payday 2 and you just click play now to download.

Ah I didn't realise that there was no story online it is then!
    Its a fun game but only when you have others [and even better when you know them] to play with.
    The best heists/missions are actually the ones where you must either sneak in or find a different path other then just shooting your way in and out.

Its basically L4D but with bank robbers and police instead of zombies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭3mm

Great game online . Can get very repetitive tho if you play it regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Great game but it has chronic freezing/connection issues at times and the trophies on this game are utter BS.

They see me baggin and guessing game particularly annoying.

How can they release a broken game like that when it's not even that demanding. COD4 released in 2007 shows you how bad the devs were at making a game with a good connection and without freeze issues. That game didin't make the game pause while new people connected so I don't see why this one has to. Less talented devs I suppose but the concept is great.

I got the game free with PS Plus so I shouldn't complain too much. Here's to a great Payday 3 on the PS4.

Advertisement