Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scaffold length

Options
  • 15-08-2013 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭

I'd like to get my friend some scaffold jewellery but don't know what length to buy. The one she has in is, in her words, the standard new-bar length (the original one put in). Anyone know what the standard size is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Afaik scaffold bars range anywhere from 36-42mm. So I'd say go with a 40mm or just get her to measure it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Afaik scaffold bars range anywhere from 36-42mm. So I'd say go with a 40mm or just get her to measure it

Measure it. Jesus, its so simple. #scarleh won't be a surprise but It'll fit!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

There really isn't a standard size, it'll vary from ear to ear. 36-42 is the rough range but like any piercing, you don't want the bar to be too short or long.

Any respectable body piercer will measure a scaffold anyway before putting in a new bar. It's a tough one to surprise someone with, as you really don't want to give her a poorly-fitted piece of jewellery.

Perhaps sneak in on her while she sleeps? Measure the length of the bar, excluding balls :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Measure it. Jesus, its so simple. #scarleh won't be a surprise but It'll fit!

Just make up a lie like, oh I was thinking of getting mine done and just want to know what size yours is or something.

Advertisement