If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sagem DTR 94500 EPG/Recording problem

Options
  • 15-08-2013 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭

Gents,

I have a problem with my Sagem (have had for a while actually but only getting around to asking about it now). In a nutshell, when you set something to record in the EPG, for some reason it seems to jump back and record the programme scheduled prior to it and not the one you actually want to record. This as I'm sure you can imagine is quite frustrating. I've checked the sagem website and the wider web for firmware but nowt to be found, any ideas?

Or any boardsies have any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Butter, cheers for the post and it's a very unusual fault.

This isn't one that I have come across before. 

If you set a program reminder, rather than a recording, does it do anything crazy ?

Has it done it from day 1 or just started and does it everytime ?

Also, have you tried resetting the box ?

If you set it to record the programme after the one you want, I assume it records the right one ?

Keep us posted.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hi Dave,

It's done it on and off from Day 1 but the frequency is definitely increasing to the point where it's doing it about 80+% of the time now, but still not always. Didn't mention it before now as it happened so infrequently I was double guessing myself or assuming it was "one of those things".

I had a programme series linked recently and it jumped to the programme before it and series linked that if you can believe that?!

I suppose I could try and record the programme after the one I want but that's a bit silly and not really a fix and not always an option as I'm pretty low on space and inevitably I'd have to set the timer for the programme I want and the one after it to be sure I get the one I actually want.

I can try a reset but if I reset, do I lose all of my recorded material? I don't want to do that if so.

Hope that gives more insight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Butersuki, the reset does not normally affect the recordings on the box.

It resets the system settings back to factory settings and wipes the channels.

There is a format drive option which will lose the data but the factory reset does not.

I would suggest only doing this if you don't have anything to lose, just in case there is a problem during the reset.

This reset does sort out a number of related issues like this on these boxes.

Hope this helps.

ATB

Dave

There is a format drive option which will lose the data but the factory reset does not.

I would suggest only doing this if you don't have anything to lose, just in case there is a problem during the reset.

Hope this helps.

ATB

Dave
    Thanks Dave,

Away for the rest of the week but will give it a try at the weekend.

Regards,
    ButtersSuki

• Company Representative Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hope this helps.

ATB

Dave
    Thanks Dave,

Away for the rest of the week but will give it a try at the weekend.

Regards,
    ButtersSuki
    Hi Butters,

No problem.  Let us know how it goes :)  Fingers crossed it'll resolve the issues.

Chris

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, it seems to have worked without deleting my previously recorded items.

Ta!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks guys, it seems to have worked without deleting my previously recorded items.

Ta!
    Hi again,

Great!  Glad to hear it all worked out ok :)

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.