Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YELLOW SKIES, DUBLIN??

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Here's one with the default 'cloudy' white balance on my camera. Reflects it pretty well.
    267486.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,291 ✭✭✭✭endacl

5uspect wrote: »
    Here's one with the default 'cloudy' white balance on my camera. Reflects it pretty well.
    267486.jpg
    That picture was taken on Mars.

I call shenanigans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Working out in city west tonight and it went very yellow followed by pinky/purply atmospherey colour :P

Felt like the end of the world! I had just come out of the gym and kept closing and re-opening my eyes as I wasn't sure if it was my eyes not adjusting correctly.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

endacl wrote: »

I call shenanigans.

:D I can send you the 25MB RAW file!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I'm Jealous........

West of West as far as you can go is cloudy and blue/grey......

"Shepard's Delight" and all that?

• Advertisement

5uspect wrote: »
    :D I can send you the 25MB RAW file!
    You'll route that through a proxy server to hide the fact that it was sent from Mars.

I won't fall for that one again!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

My guess is dust from the Sahara in the atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 nodnod

I enclose the pinky sky just at end of large grey stormy rain at blanchardstown

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Tuco's cousins must've been over for a visit. Great bunch of lads they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Hal1 wrote: »
    My guess is dust from the Sahara in the atmosphere.

Maybe not.

030.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 nodnod

Just to prove that this is an image from same time on naas rd from dublin city webcams And there is no colour or effect added to the picture from blanchardstown

• Registered Users Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭emo72

endacl wrote: »

I call shenanigans.

thats exactly what i saw. obviously the sun was setting and reflecting off dark clouds. i thought i saw a few flashes too. but cant be certain, in clondalkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

A Russian Volcano erupted in the last few days it could be ash in the atmosphere from that,what ever it was it sure was purty.

Likely to be a result of refraction through a load of particularly heavy and regular raindrops as the sun set, I'd say. Kind of like having the rainbow effect from a prism panned steadily down.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭claypigeon777

Blue and green light are more easily scattered than red light which is why the sky appears read at sunset.

BlueSky-sunset.png

Because dust and fumes are close to the ground they break up the blue and green light but not the red which why when the sun is close to the horizon the sky turns red and different shades of red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

I noticed this myself earlier, it was a very yellow colour and i said this to some people here, it looked very odd.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

A mate in Astronomy Ireland tells me this is what caused it: http://events.slooh.com/

"A spectacular Nova in constellation Delphinus went bang on August 14th"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

If its what I'm thinking of then I've seen it quite a few times here, hardly that rare is it :confused:

Happens when there's low cloud overhead but the western horizon is clear

Edit: Meant to post that half an hour ago before there were pics in the thread, definitely looks like the sun illuminating the misty low cloud

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭PerrDub

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Greystones earlier

• Advertisement

Its more serious than we thought! Greystones is upside down!!

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Why Is The Sky Yellow...

Actually it is multi-coloured. It just appears blue because we are more sensitive to that colour.

The sky appears blue because ,as light moves through the atmosphere, most of the longer wavelengths pass straight through. Little of the red, orange and yellow light is affected by the air.

However, much of the shorter wavelength light is absorbed by the gas molecules. The absorbed blue light is then radiated in different directions. It gets scattered all around the sky. Whichever direction you look, some of this scattered blue light reaches you. Since you see the blue light from everywhere overhead, the sky looks blue.

All messin' aside lads and ladies, It was a sight to behold this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 steo 24

Twas indeed wish we could have more of those!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

dregin wrote: »
    A mate in Astronomy Ireland tells me this is what caused it: http://events.slooh.com/

"A spectacular Nova in constellation Delphinus went bang on August 14th"

Your mate is pulling yer leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭emo72

Your mate is pulling yer leg.

i think hes ripped it off and started chewing on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Most importantly what's Jim Corrs opinion on it?

hfallada wrote: »
    Most importantly what's Jim Corrs opinion on it?
    "False flag....blah blah ... N.W.O. blah blah .... Aliens ..... dribble burp ..... its the illuminati's fault I'm shyte on guitar ..... I think about my sisters when I touch myself ... Gotta go!"

Probably something like that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

zenno wrote: »
    Why Is The Sky Yellow...

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

Advertisement