Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bold predictions from premier league season

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

kraggy wrote: »
    Go on, spit. Which one?

I assume hes referring to your "Liverpool to finish outside the top 6" prediction and that its not that bold considering they finished 7th last year, could be wrong though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I assume hes referring to your "Liverpool to finish outside the top 6" prediction and that its not that bold considering they finished 7th last year, could be wrong though.

You're right I'd say. Just with all the talk of them getting 4th (albeit by Liverpool fans), I said I'd call it boldly.

In one way its not bold, but in another it is. I think for Liverpool to finish outside the top 6 this season would be a serious blow. Fenway would be really pissed off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

You're right I'd say. Just with all the talk of them getting 4th (albeit by Liverpool fans), I said I'd call it boldly.

In one way its not bold, but in another it is. I think for Liverpool to finish outside the top 6 this season would be a serious blow. Fenway would be really pissed off.

I know a bunch of Liverpool fans and none of them think they will get 4th so that's a bit unfair. I don't even think there are any in the thread that think that either. Arsenal and Spurs have better teams. They know this. Challenging for 4th instead of 7th is what they want. Progress. Signing a top class player like Willian. Being in the race for a Champions league spot after February.

A bold precition right now, IMO, would be Liverpool finishing top 4. It would need Arsenal and Spurs to have really, really bad seasons and for Liverpool to stay injury free and have an exceptional season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

A bold precition right now, IMO, would be Liverpool finishing top 4. It would need Arsenal and Spurs to have really, really bad seasons and for Liverpool to stay injury free and have an exceptional season.
    As things stand, Arsenal need a phenomenal season to get 4th, given that we have about 15 players.

As things stand, Arsenal need a phenomenal season to get 4th, given that we have about 15 players.

Which still leaves Spurs to get 4th and at best, Liverpool sneaking into 5th.

Should be aa very interesting season all around anyway, only about 30hours to kick off. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Ron Vlaar lifting silverware of some kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Liverpool to finish outside top 10, not enough fight (Suarez aside) in the forwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

The Alex ferguson stand to be renamed The Lord David Moyes stand after Utd win the league by 20 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Suarez to receive a 10-game ban for sexually assaulting an opposition player while waiting for a corner to come in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Danny Wellbeck to double the amount of league goals he scored last year and finish with 2 goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Ravel Morrison to be nominated for Young Player of the Year.

Fulham will struggle to score goals, and neither Berbatov or Bent will get into double figures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Everton to struggle to adapt to Martinez way of playing football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

It will be definitely Liverpool's year :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

Kagawa to be named player of the year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

Spurs to keep Bale and win the league (only if they keep Bale)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Stoke relegated.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Spurs to take points off united, City, Arsenal, liverpool, but not Chelsea.

Everton to finish 10th or lower.

Chelsea to be clear at the top by 6+ points in the end, and 10+ points ahead of United (though I really hope that isn't the case..)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Which still leaves Spurs to get 4th and at best, Liverpool sneaking into 5th.

Should be aa very interesting season all around anyway, only about 30hours to kick off. :D

24 hours exactly (or 23:59).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Villa to win one of their first two PL games, where they are away to Arsenal and then Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Newcastle bottom at Christmas with just 10 points. Pardew to get the sack, with Kinnear installing himself as his replacement. Newcastle then finish the season bottom with 11 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Go on, spit. Which one?

That would be the first one, the other two were bold predictions, that one is like saying chelsea will finish in the top 4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Chelsea to finish 3rd at best.

Alot of people seem to be tipping them to win solely based on "The Mourinho Factor", signing a top striker could win them it but otherwise I don't think they'll be in the top 2.

shrewdness wrote: »
    I don't think they'll be in the top 2.

So who will?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

COYVB wrote: »
    So who will?

The two Manchester clubs! I don't expect alot to agree with me but it is the bold predictions thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Spurs to win the league, everton to finish bottom half of the table & Aston Villa to be relegated
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Aston Villa to be relegated

HA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

joe kinnear to finish the season as manager of newcastle.

chaos to ensue.

newcastle to survive, but ashley to sell next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Man city to win the champions league.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Everton to finish 16th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

English media will actually question if Joe Hart really is world class.

I believe in miracles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

English media will actually question if Joe Hart really is world class.

I believe in miracles.

Since you came along......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

West Ham to finish above Arsenal.

I think this is the season where the wheels finally come off for Wenger. He hasn't just failed to improve his squad over the summer, he's weakened it. Gervinho, Mannone, Arshavin, Djourou, Coquelin, Santos and Chamakh have all left and Arsenal haven't spent a penny to replace them yet. Now they'll will be without Arteta for the first six weeks and has a fan base just waiting to get on his and the players' backs - witness a side being booed off at half-time in a pre-season kick about.

West Ham have quietly improved again and I think the signings of Downing will be crucial. He'll get to play the kind of direct, aggressive football that his game is suited to and having Andy Carroll as a target man for his crosses, he'll get a bundle of assists. Alou Diarra is going to be a great signing, utterly suited to Allardyce's football and will give them real steel in the centre of the park while Razvan Rat could be one the surprise packages of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Lucas to score a Premier League goal......

Ok, ok, sorry, that was just too far fetched :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Oh and Alex Ferguson to take charge on United on a temporary basis before the end of the season.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Some 'bold' predictions in this thread alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Wenger to be gone by January. West Ham to finish ahead of Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Everyone to hate goal line technology by Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

UPT6TKS.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Manchester United to sign a central midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

United to win the league.

Kagawa to have an absolute stormer of a season and become a top play-a-maker.

Suarez not to bite anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Joe Hart will get dandruff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Manchester United to sign a central midfielder.

I think we have a winner

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

Fellani to Man Utd

Everton to get relegated

Wenger to be gone before Christmas after slow start and failure to sign any big name players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

There is a quote from david James "I don't think Gary Neville can be impartial" err what?

The BT sport "pundit" line up looks terrible to be honest.
    UPT6TKS.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Swansea may have a good season but 6th is hugely ambitious. And how he thinks Newcastle will finish above Spurs is mind boggling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Andy Carroll to stay fit for the season and score 20 goals

West Ham United to finish 4th

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

West Ham to finish above Arsenal.

I think this is the season where the wheels finally come off for Wenger. He hasn't just failed to improve his squad over the summer, he's weakened it. Gervinho, Mannone, Arshavin, Djourou, Coquelin, Santos and Chamakh have all left and Arsenal haven't spent a penny to replace them yet. Now they'll will be without Arteta for the first six weeks and has a fan base just waiting to get on his and the players' backs - witness a side being booed off at half-time in a pre-season kick about.

West Ham have quietly improved again and I think the signings of Downing will be crucial. He'll get to play the kind of direct, aggressive football that his game is suited to and having Andy Carroll as a target man for his crosses, he'll get a bundle of assists. Alou Diarra is going to be a great signing, utterly suited to Allardyce's football and will give them real steel in the centre of the park while Razvan Rat could be one the surprise packages of the season.
    While I agree it's been an awful preseason, none of those players are losses, and every single one of our first team are miles better than any of West Ham's players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Chelsea to win the league.

Everton to win a cup but finish mid-table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Knex. wrote: »
    Villa to win one of their first two PL games, where they are away to Arsenal and then Chelsea.

So, what do I win? :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement