Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need fairly cheap room near UL

• 15-08-2013 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm going into 1st year and need a relatively cheap room (max 260pm). Most houses I looked at only have rooms for post grads or workers and I was wondering if any students have a room they need to fill? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭GalwayGirl00

NicolaFlah wrote: »
    I'm going into 1st year and need a relatively cheap room (max 260pm). Most houses I looked at only have rooms for post grads or workers and I was wondering if any students have a room they need to fill? Thanks :)
    My son has booked a room in the Parkmews complex. It is about 2km from the campus and they are lovely. €55 per week for a double room and there are only 3 bedrooms in each apartment so you would be sharing a bathroom with one other person as the thrid room is an ensuite(they were all booked when we went to see them)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭chicgroovy101

Hiya, I've a double room in a house with 5 girls in Briarfield if your interested? It's pretty cheap, cant remember exactly how much - will have to check with the others the exact amount because I wasn't really involved much with organising the house etc. but if your interested pm me and I will find out exactly!! We are a sound bunch :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Beargrylls01

You should only ever live in parkmews if you have a car, the walk from there is a cool 35 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Beargrylls01

What you got to do is walk into the college tomorrow and ask for the book of local landlords, it is a book of addresses and phone numbers along with prices. chances are that you can ring them and meet the same day because they are all out cleaning the houses anyways ! found my house last two years like this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭chicgroovy101

Thought we had someone sorted but then it didnt work out!! So still got a room available in Briarfield if anyone interested lads! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

Check out https://www.facebook.com/JCPropertyIreland

rooms still available

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭GalwayGirl00

You should only ever live in parkmews if you have a car, the walk from there is a cool 35 minutes.

Maybe I got the name wrong, it is a complex on the Parkway roundabout, we walked it in 20mins and he has a bike so should do it in a lot less. There is also a bus stop just outside the complex for the very bad weather 1.20E to get into the campus. Have you any other feedback on the complex?As in has there ever been any issues/problems with the management company?I posted a question on it ages ago and never heard anything, so all I can do is hope for the best!:o

Advertisement