If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha Amp

Options
  • 15-08-2013 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I need a new Amp. My only real requirements are 5.1 & support for the HD Audio formats. My speakers sound ok but they are a bit old so I was considering the YHT298 package. Would you be able to post that to Dublin?

Would you guys have any recommendations? I was also considering Sony 1030 or Yamaha 475. 

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

HI Xithus, cheers for the post.

The YHT298 is actually discontinued and we are completely out of stock.

I do however has one left of it's bigger brother, called the YHT498.

This uses a much better receiver and is one that is a little more future proofed with networking etc on board.

http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/hometheater-systems/home-theater-package/yht-498__g/

This was £499.95 but we can clear the last one for just £319.95 with delivery at £14.99.

This would be the best buy that we would have if you are looking to replace both speakers and receiver.

Alternatively if you were looking at the 475 as the Sony is now finished also, the Denon AVRX1000 is a better receiver than the Yamaha for less money. 

The Denon comes in at 379.99 Euro and is a brilliant piece of kit. Very good musically, great A/V performance and is not fussy when it comes to speakers like other brands can be. I would suggest looking at this as an alternative with a speaker package but it would be more expensive.

Let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Thanks for getting back to me Dave. The 498 sounds perfect I'll take that from you, how do I go about it? Do I pm you my details?

On the off chance your familiar with them.. do you think those speakers would be better than a set of JBL SCS200.5? No hassle if your not familiar with them.

Thanks.

HI Xithus.

That's great, you won't be disappointed by that system.

If you want to PM me your details, we can call you for info or if you would like to call us on 0044 333 900 0070 and select option 2.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the SCS200 system from JBL so it's impossible to comment. JBL do make decent kit though.

Many thanks

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Hi. I got those speakers today, thanks for getting back to me and the excellent service.

Great ! Thanks for the business and let us know if you need us when setting up or for anything else.

I hope you enjoy the system.

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.