Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sony experia J rain/water damage

Options
  • 15-08-2013 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭

my phone got soaked with the rain earlier, the bag it was in got soaked.

I took the battery out, sim card out and the phone and have placed it in tub of rice as heard this can dry out any moisture in the phone?

When I switch the phone on, everything seems fine but it says I have no sim card or service -I have the sim card in

is the phone more than likely damaged beyond repair?

or could I just need a new sim card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

my phone got soaked with the rain earlier, the bag it was in got soaked.

I took the battery out, sim card out and the phone and have placed it in tub of rice as heard this can dry out any moisture in the phone?

When I switch the phone on, everything seems fine but it says I have no sim card or service -I have the sim card in

is the phone more than likely damaged beyond repair?

or could I just need a new sim card?

Take everything out (memory card, SIM etc), back in to the rice and into the hot press for a few days.
    Then you'll have an idea. You may be lucky.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Aidenwyatt

Placing the phone in a sealed bag of dry rice will serve to dry out the cell phone. The other method is take off the battery from the battery pack and dry the phone face down under the sun. Leave it under the sun for about two to three hours. You are also to dry the battery separately.
    If for any reason the heat of the sun is not enough (maybe you've got a rainy season around) then a lighted lamp would suffice. Get a lamp with a 60 watt bulb, switch it on, and place the phone directly under it for about 4 hours....
    Thank You..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

update -phone working 100%

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MbFum

It seems it was a temporary issue. That is good to hear its working now.

Advertisement