Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short-term let in Dublin?

Options
  • 15-08-2013 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hi,

I need somewhere to stay in Dublin, preferably south city (Donnybrook/Ballsbridge etc) for 2 weeks in Sept/start of Oct. I'm on a fairly small budget and most of the b&bs seem to be booked up already (I know I'm late looking- out of my hands unfortunately!) I'm a young professional.

Anyone have any suggestions of where to look?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Ballsbridge/Donnybrook is the most expensive part of the city to live in, bar none. Short term accommodation there is always going to be very expensive due to its proximity to the city centre and the large numbers of tourists and corporate travelers whose companies will pick up the tab for them.

I was looking for the same thing in the same area a year ago, and I couldn't find anything under 600 per week. If you are on a tight budget, consider looking further afield and getting the Dart, bus or Luas tram in to where you need to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Penguino

Try Aidbnb for short term but agreed with previous post, you will need to broaden your search field

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭lir6777

Thanks for suggestions! I'm not focused specifically on those areas, in my poor geographical knowledge of Dublin I was trying to pinpoint the general area but see now that I picked the really nice areas- whoops! :) Thanks for the pointers, I'm certainly open to a wider span of the area so hopefully something will crop up!

lir6777 wrote: »
    I'm on a fairly small budget
    May I ask how small a budget?

Instead of a B&B, would you consider a two room hostel? Most do block bookings. Get one that use electronic keys for peace of mind if you wish. This may widen your search area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭lir6777

the_syco wrote: »
    May I ask how small a budget?

Instead of a B&B, would you consider a two room hostel? Most do block bookings. Get one that use electronic keys for peace of mind if you wish. This may widen your search area.

I could do about €600/month (not much in the area I know!!) I'd gladly do a b&b if I could get a vacancy but not so sure on hostels...maybe a personal bias but I feel like it's more likely to attract young clubbing crowd and I'll be needing my sleep for the few weeks..

I need somewhere to stay in Dublin, preferably south city (Donnybrook/Ballsbridge etc) for 2 weeks in Sept/start of Oct.
    I could do about €600/month (not much in the area I know!!) I'd gladly do a b&b if I could get a vacancy but not so sure on hostels...maybe a personal bias but I feel like it's more likely to attract young clubbing crowd and I'll be needing my sleep for the few weeks..
    2 weeks or a month?

=-=

http://lansdownehotel.ie single room is €47 a night (no breakfast, non-refundable), and 15% off if you stay more than 4 nights. So although 14 * €47 is €658, the 15% off takes it down to €559.30

You'll find most hotels will do some sort of deal if you're staying for a few days, and if staying for two weeks, they'd be stupid not to!

Advertisement