Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais Energy Theatre

Options
  • 15-08-2013 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Posting this here as not sure where to put it. Also put it in the theatre section but I don't know how much traffic that gets.
    Has anyone bought tickets for BGET using the student discount. All three of us going are post grads but all have college ID cards which are valid. Is this all we need to avail of the discount?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

polydactyl wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Posting this here as not sure where to put it. Also put it in the theatre section but I don't know how much traffic that gets.
    Has anyone bought tickets for BGET using the student discount. All three of us going are post grads but all have college ID cards which are valid. Is this all we need to avail of the discount?

They very rarely offer concession rates for shows in the Grand Canal Theatre (not a fan of commercial names where they put up my bills to pay for it). Can't remember seeing them for most shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

There are student tickets available for the night I want to go but not sure what ID they accept

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Maybe you could ring the box office and check with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I'd imagine if you have current student IDs then that would qualify.

But best to ring and double-check if you're in any doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 nmrmcs

polydactyl wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Hi Polydactyl,
    I am also a student and i have bought all types of tickets for shows at the bord gais. They usually offer discount tickets for students,unemployed,OAP and children during weekday matinee shows. This is a great way to avail of top class theatre at unbelievable prices (My phantom and cats tickets cost me €15 each :eek:)

Regardless of what show i've attended, I have never been asked to produce I.D of any sort so you'll be grand with your student id on the very slight chance that you do get asked to produce something :)

Hope this helps, enjoy the show! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement