Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you live your life? One day as a Lion or one hundred as a sheep?

Options
  • 15-08-2013 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

'It is better to live one day like a lion than one hundred as a sheep'

So AH, what say you? Is the quote above inspirational or totally irrelevant?

I would like to think that I make the most of every day and live life the way I want but soon I will probably have to conform, get a proper job and start being sensible - live like the sheep.

So, do you live your life? Are you the lion or the sheep? Perhaps the Atari Jaguar?

Maybe the quote is just silly!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I live my life as a tiger.

It's Grrrrrrrrrrreat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

nothing wrong living 100 days grazing away relaxing, while the lions get hunted and caged into extinction! thats the problem with being a lion, you face scary competition...that said, lion all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Mussolini?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Me, a wolf in sheep's clothing.......baaaaaaaaaaaa :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

I'd rather be a hairy dog impersonating a lion in a Chinese zoo. would be great craic barking at the confused tourists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can I be a monkey? Not the kind with the big red arses, mind you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I'm more of a panda to be honest,i just sit around and give an expression that says "i don't give a fuck."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I'm a hybrid. A lieep. Or a shion.

I lived as a lion, but then they found out I was just a dog :(

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭TopOfTheHill

Sheep in search of a cougar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I opted for a fortnight as a badger. Badgerin' rocks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

A week as a Sheep in Wicklow, more sex then anyone will have in their entire life.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I would like to think that I make the most of every day and live life the way I want but soon I will probably have to conform, get a proper job and start being sensible - live like the sheep.

So, do you live your life? Are you the lion or the sheep? Perhaps the Atari Jaguar?

Getting a "proper" job doesn't mean turning into a sheep. Nor does spending all day playing play station and **** make one a lion.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭average hero

Getting a "proper" job doesn't mean turning into a sheep. Nor does spending all day playing play station and **** make one a lion.

You're dead right man - lucky we agree on those principles.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭burrenguy

You're dead right man - lucky we agree on those principles.

maybe its a weird coincidence, but do you read Chad Howse's stuff? He just wrote an article based on that quote, and judging by your username it seems to fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭average hero

burrenguy wrote: »
    maybe its a weird coincidence, but do you read Chad Howse's stuff? He just wrote an article based on that quote, and judging by your username it seems to fit.

Hi burrenguy,

Nah that's just an odd coincidence! Actually read it while studying Benito Mussolini! Interesting idea all the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

What a bollocks thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭burrenguy

Hi burrenguy,

Nah that's just an odd coincidence! Actually read it while studying Benito Mussolini! Interesting idea all the same!

huh. Well as a matter of interest, here's the article I mentioned.. This guy is fairly OTT. The "live like a real man" thing is very overplayed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

Like the omega wolf, the runt of the pack having been hunted out into the wilderness, was found starving and wretched by a lakota warrior who named me thunder dog and taught me the ways of the warrior. I roam the prairie alone feeding on what I can find and call only to those who's medicine gives me strength, Aho

*swishes some sage

Advertisement