Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mad One Direction fans (channel 4 right now (which is like 11pm on Thursday night))

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Prettyblack

Wibbs wrote: »
    Yep. Imagine if you had twitter and social media back then. Scaaaaary stuff. Even without that they had to be careful. If they said the wrong thing the fans would go nuts. IIRC Ringo once mentioned in interview he loved jellybabies or similar and they were pelted with them at gigs. Lennon's response was along the lines of thank **** he didn't say he liked tins of beans. :D They and the Stones had regular death and bomb threats and young wan's threatening to kill themselves. The beatles even had people bring their disabled kids to them so they could touch them in some freaky near religious madness. One of the reasons they knocked touring on the head.

Paul McCartney, who lived in London in the 60s, had a group of girls camped outside his house... 24 hours a day. 365 days a year. Everytime he went in and out of his house, there they were. You only have to look up some photos taken around that time to see the hassle it must have been:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRY8JsHSztw7D892_jQGr2kHUz4KJB1sdmLrRA7WrJ7hsI8A5kTWw

Looks like he can't even get out of his driveway.

Yeah 1D are in a machine now, they are part of a juggernaut where everything is decided for them and they are really just players in a larger piece, they are protected in a bubble and they have to do what they're told; unlike say Zeppelin or the Stones in the 70s who would've had more power. they got away with a lot more because there was no Twitter and digital cameras and paparaazzi etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Festy wrote: »
    DAFUQ is wrong with these young wans :eek:

It's known as being a teenager, pops :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

#ripdirectioners #riplarryshippers

Hundreds/thousands of tweets calming between 14-90 suicides due to the hate they have received from this show... a lot of upset girls over these rumored suicides, no evidence or credible reporting of any as far a I can see.

Mental

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

They didn't even win the X Factor, where were all these "Directioners" when the poor lads needed votes!? SHAME ON YOU ALL! I VOTED 25 TIMES AND MY MAMMY BEAT ME WITH A WOODEN SPOON WHEN THE PHONE BILL CAME!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

I know boy bands and teen heart throbs or whatever they've been called over the years have always had their fair share of nut job fans but definitely the Internet and media have taken the whole thing to another level.

The crazy stuff that gets sent around is actually mind boggling. In fairness, apart from Bieber who just comes across as a douche, most people don't really mind boy bands or the likes-sure, they might not be into their music, but in all fairness pop is pop and it's fairly harmless. It's the fans that actually give them a bad name a lot of the time cos people can't understand why their fans are so mental.

Teenage girls will always create drama. I teach and have taught hundreds of them. I love them dearly but they are nutters. It's all screaming and hugs and Omigaaaaawd and nowaaaay etc but it's definitely made worse with Facebook and Twitter- I mean I was a teenage girl once and I'm so bloody glad none of that stuff was around when I was younger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I cant help but feel they cherry picked the most outrageous and stalkerish fans just for viewings, which is unfair on the girls. They all seem a little unhinged, C4 exploited them.

While they where the more unstable fans. There where scenes in the show that showed other people buying tickets in floods of tears and calling people to let them know that they got the tickets. The girl who when to the wax works was waiting in line to see them and the place had a professorial photographer. There was must more than just her that has a high level of fandom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Prettyblack

Jester252 wrote: »
    There where scenes in the show that showed other people buying tickets in floods of tears and calling people to let them know that they got the tickets.

That's like what I was saying about the girls buying the Take That tickets in 1994, going crazy cos they had actually gotten tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Careful now the #Thisisntus gangs will be after you all

Advertisement