Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AIB Sixth Belfry Property Investment flop

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shim320

I too am a victim of the Belfry 6. I also would like to be part of the action group (however living abroad now) and lend my support.

Many Thanks

Shim320

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lxsr

I also would like more info on this action

• Registered Users Posts: 6 fitzier

If you write to Belfry Investors Action Group Friarspark, Trim Co Meath you will get details of proposed action to see if there is any way investors funds can be retreived.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 busy busy bee

just seeing these posts now on Belfry funds. Any updates please or any developments since the March meeting?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nb64

Hi,
    I have not been active regards Belfry 6 in quite a while. I always assumed that our investment was dead and gone but am wondering if theres any chance of life as we invested some redundancy money plus re mortgaged as well. Can you tell me if this group mentioned in your last post , is still active? I listen to stories of people being chased to the bitter end regards their debts on their homes by the AIB yet there seems to be no accountability when the shoe is on the other foot. We were targeted as we had money to invest which only this bank knew about and they abused this position. This was the only investment package we got involved in. We hope we can recoup some portion of our original investment. Thanks for your time. Regards, Noel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

Anything with aib in the name is a no no for me. I hate the fact that I still have 3 mortgages with them. I would never let them invest for me personally.

Ha! 3 mortgages.....yes the Banks are the issue alright.....hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ntbuck

Any response from Belfry investors regards latest developments?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Charlieclogh

We were a Belfry five investor and after waiting over 9 months for AIB to assess each case, case by case they concluded we were due nothing as the risk as far as they were concerned was explained in the documentation and stipulations were made around seeking independent advice. It appears that from Belfry five onwards additional wording was added to documentation stating high risk. The core issue with all this is that no person at AIB ever explained this to investors and the sales pressure to get in was high so allot of these stipulations were in small print or in our case we were not provided with the time to seek independent advice but of course we have no documented proof of this, but it was the case. I have heard of numerous stories of investors outside of the group that won their legal action receiving their investment back plus interest that would have been earned. Anyone interested in forming a collective to share ideas and press ahead with a collective voice and possible action against AIB?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Carmarc

Are there details of a group for action against AIB in respect of Belfry. I had an investment in Belfry 6 after being coerced by AIB bank manager

Advertisement