Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job hunt USA

Options
  • 15-08-2013 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Im interested in doing the one year graduate visa program to the USA with Usit. However, id love to have a job or internship organised before I would head over. Can anyone shine any light as to how to obtain a job? useful websites where jobs and internships are advertised? I feel like ive been searching all week and havent gotten anywhere! any advice greatly appreticated

my degree is accounting btw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 catreelo11

Hi Peter,

I would recommend building out your Linkedin profile and using their job listings; I've found a lot of jobs are advertised there. Craigslist may be good, I'm not sure what it's like for accounting jobs. Indeed.com has pretty comprehensive job listings too.

I wouldn't bank on having something before you come over. I managed to have one Skype interview before I left for the States, but every other employer either suggested I touch base once I arrived, or flat out didn't respond. You'll have much better luck once you're here, with a local address and phone number. That said, can't hurt to at least get your name out there and can follow up later if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kingswamper

Is there like a gradireland equivalent in the US? Also what field did you secure your job in?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭whitey1

Where did you go to school? Maybe there's an alumni association

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kingswamper

I went to Nui Galway (NUIG), I dont think we have alumni associations?

Advertisement