Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathcurragh area

Options
  • 16-08-2013 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hello,

We are planning on buying a 3 beds house in Rathcurragh area. The house is nice but we have no knowledge of the neighbourhood.
    There are so many houses up for sale in the area which made us a bit nervous.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I work nearby but don't really know what the estate is like, day to day. The general area is fine and I've never heard of any trouble there.

The number of houses on sale there might be because people probably bought a second house as an investment when things were good, and can't afford to keep them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Duketrixie

Many thanks for your information.

We also noticed that most of the houses in the estate were occupied by family.
    Did anyone have experience renting a property in the Rathcurragh Estate? and why did you chose to live in the estate?
    We are currently working in Dublin, how easy or difficult it is to commute from Rathcurrach to Dublin city Centre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Will you be driving or using public transport Duke?

My husband will be driving a car (what will the morning rush hour like in Newbridge main road and the M50?) but I would like to use train ( how far will I have to walk or cycle to the train station from Rathcurragh? and how reliable is the Dublin-Newbridge train services, especially in the winter months?)

The train station would be an almost 3km walk or cycle from Rathcurragh. The Arrow train service(check http://www.irishrail.ie/timetables and download the Dublin-Portlaoise timetable) is very reliable.

As for driving your Husband would not be driving through the town to get to the motorway. From Rathcurragh he could go towards the Curragh,at the Lumville crossroads turn right and head over to the motorway roundabouts. About a 3-5 minute drive.

Edit to add
    Right outside the entrance of Rathcurragh their is a bus stop served by the 126 http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=247#Kildare Download the 126 pdf.

This service I would rate very reliable up to about 10am in the morning. After that the bus can be anything from 5 to 20 minutes late due to traffic.

• Advertisement

Many thanks Ken for your great info. It seems -do able- for us to commuting on daily basis.

I am also wondering whether most residents in Rathcurragh Estate are house owners or tenants?
    Is it a good idea to invest our money in a 3 beds house in the estate? what is monthly rental rate in the area and are there many demands for 3 beds house in Rathcurragh?

I know about 15 people in the Estate. 12 are home owners, others are renters. They all think its a nice place to live. Monthly rates in the area are €800-€1100. Weather to buy or rent,personally if I had the money I'd buy right now. Prices have been creeping back up in the area. I see one house on daft.ie that's for rent and for sale http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1371018. You could rent for 6 months to check out the area.

We actually viewed a property for sale in Rathcurragh on Thursday and would like to give it an offer.

Just want to make it sure that it will work fine for us if later on we decide to rent it out, as I might be getting an overseas job offer.

Many thanks again for your help Ken.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 house1281

Hi Duketrixie and Ken, thanks for the info, myself and my partner are looking into Rathcurragh as an option as well. And like you I am also concerned about the number of properties for sale. I drove over late on Friday night to see what it was like at night time and to be honest it was fine, no lads hanging about drinking cans in the park or loud house parties. How do you find the noise from the motorway? Not sure if it would filter through into the house?

I've never heard anyone from there complain about the motorway noise. I've never asked to be honest.

• Advertisement

I think I will organise a viewing myself what number are you going for Duketrixie!? Want make sure we dont end up bidding against each other, seeing as there is so much to select from!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Tornaxx

house1281 wrote: »
    I think I will organise a viewing myself what number are you going for Duketrixie!? Want make sure we dont end up bidding against each other, seeing as there is so much to select from!

I suspect that you are interested in House 1281... ;)

Hi House1281,

We are open minded about the house itself. We are more concerned about the location. The houses that currently in the market in Rathcurragh are all nice:confused:...the one with the extension is great for our family...:D but the one with garages in the back also lovely...:D
    So will try to put an offer on one if it is rejected then go to another.....
    We are a cash buyer and do not really want to get involve in a bidding war:rolleyes:
    We have set a budget on what we are willing to spend on a property and ready to walk away if our best offer is rejected.
    There are plenty nice houses for sale in Newbridge area at the moment, so I guess it is a good thing for buyers.
    I did not really notice noise from the motor way when we viewed the house so probably it won't bother us at all.
    By the way which house that you are interested in House1281?

Haha!! We were looking at the one with the extension but will probably go for another one because wouldn't mind building our own extension put our own stamp on it! Best of luck with your offer hope all works out for you! Let me know how you get on.

We will do.

Property market in Ireland are still full of uncertainty. Some buyers are still holding on and waiting for upcoming budget. I think house prices in county Kildare are still stagnant. So hopefully we are-buyer- still in a strong position;)
    Have you tried to look for a property in other areas in Newbridge?
    Any recommendation?

Yes we were looking at a few areas, viewed a few in Liffey Hall but they were snapped up quickly, also looking at the Meadows, they have nice character to them. There are a few in College green as well worth taking a look at. Also considering Caragh but not as much selection there very limited stock for sale at the moment.

Just want to updating this thread
    :cool: EA rejected my offer
    I will try to look somewhere else around Newbridge then
    What do you think about The Oaks or Moorefield area?

Don't know about the oaks but I lived in Moorefield park for 5 years. Its a good estate with a mix of owners and renters. A good few of the owners would be approaching or already in old age.

Advertisement