Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plants vs Zombies 2

• 16-08-2013 12:17am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Could have sworn there was already a thread on this, but search is being uncooperative. Mods, please merge if there's something I'm missing :)

Anyway: it is now officially out on iOS for anyone who wasn't bothered setting up an Aussie account to download early. And its free (allegedly perfectly playable without purchases, too!) I haven't had a chance to play it yet, that's for the commute tomorrow. But I am unreasonably excited.

The first was a masterpiece of purest gameplay and the most elegant of mechanics. Here's hoping the high watermark is matched!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,742 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i will download this after work, looking forward to it, the first was great !!

Free to play as well, and as said already , from reading the reviews no need to buy anything, it's just a good challenge the way it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

yea I downloaded this yesterday and have played through a handful of levels. I've not seen any real need to spend money it. I never used half of the items in the original game. it's more of the same with a few new additions. good fun and hopefully becomes more of a challenge than the original game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

The orginal was one of the few games that I found worked best on a touchscreen while also having a bit of depth. I loved it on my ipod. I am now on adnroid which it will hopefully come out on soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I'm slightly annoyed by this. I'll dabble in it a bit but really I'm "buying" it for my son who absolutely loved the first game and sunk quite a number of hours into it. I think it's gone way too far into "free to play" territory, I don't mind grinding for stuff but being hit with a "go back and grind the previous missions for a bit or pay X real money to advance" less than 45 minutes in was quite galling.

He's used to F2P nonsense and since I never buy IAP for him he's used to grinding out in game currency or whatever in this kind of game. Still, I'm a bit annoyed at them moving from a paid + IAP for premium (which I think is fine) to free + IAP for everything model which I really dislike. If it was a new IP I could forgive it a bit but even if they stuck a €5 price tag on the app it'd sell well because it's PvZ 2.

Advertisement