Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this a legal issue

• 16-08-2013 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

A guy I bought something off which was not as stated came ony Facebook page and called me a tosser and sent me a picture of a soiled toilet plunger, can I do anything about this as a legal matter? Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,501 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You didn't mention which website facilitated the original sale, was it eBay? And where does the vendor live?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Letmeknow1

coylemj wrote: »
    You didn't mention which website facilitated the original sale, was it eBay? And where does the vendor live?

No it was an online service product purchased off the vendors site, what I purchased was of poor quality and I got a refund but out of the blue the vendor called me a tosser in a pm on Facebook and attached a pic of a soiled plunger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Letmeknow1 wrote: »
    No it was an online service product purchased off the vendors site, what I purchased was of poor quality and I got a refund but out of the blue the vendor called me a tosser in a pm on Facebook and attached a pic of a soiled plunger

Apart from reporting the abusive post to Facebook, hopefully it's tied to their business so affects it, you need to talk to a solicitor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,501 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Del2005 wrote: »
    you need to talk to a solicitor.

What an idiotic suggestion.

and pay him/her fees for what purpose?

To discuss the futility of attempting to sue the vendor for defamation under the laws of which country?

It's easy to spend other people's money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Letmeknow1

To discuss the futility of attempting to sue the vendor for defamation under the laws of which country?

Well he is based in the uk and his business is registered in the us

So any suggestions as to what my options are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Letmeknow1 wrote: »
    Well he is based in the uk and his business is registered in the us

So any suggestions as to what my options are?

Report on Facebook. Move on with your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Report it on Facebook.
    i'd take a screenshot of the message and post it on their facebook business page and/or see if they are using a twitter hashtag and post the image via twitter with their hashtag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

As it's against the forum rules to offer legal advice the OP needs to talk to a solicitor to see what can legally be done. It maybe build a bridge but with the recent media reporting of cyber bullying there could be other options.

Advertisement