Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Gear 22/08 - jackets/gloves/socks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭frash

LIDL Gear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭slingerz

What time will this be in the shops next Thursday, haunted to work right alongside a Lidl!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,055 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

frash wrote: »
    LIDL Gear :)

Aldi Lidl....what's the difference! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

stevieob wrote: »
    Aldi Lidl....what's the difference! :confused:

Not much, until you arrive along at Aldi at 8am on Thursday to buy a running jacket and end up with a steam mop and a nest of tables....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

<mod>to avoid confusion I changed the thread title from Aldi to Lidl</mod>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

any opinions on the running shoes for doing a five K (as part of a triathlon) :)

Scratch that as i read the post down further - > http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056997696 which is on the exact topic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I'd pay good money to see anyone running in this getup

IE_pg48wk3413_01_a.jpg
    IE_pg48wk3413_01_b.jpg

oh hang on, he's not running, he's levitating. Nevermind then, this is obviously hovering gear

think the gloves would be handy for winter running in the dark evenings!!

i'm scared sh1tless of wearing those legging things in public!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kildaremum

Has anyone bought the compression socks from Lidl and are they any good. I have calf compression sleeves but would like to get some socks and I would be happy if I got decent ones for 4.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

kildaremum wrote: »
    Has anyone bought the compression socks from Lidl and are they any good. I have calf compression sleeves but would like to get some socks and I would be happy if I got decent ones for 4.99.

I haven't tried any of the sparkly coloured ones but the unisex black ones for €4.99 are super in terms of compression. They tend to wear thin around the ankles and toes after a few months but they do the job and are great value. I'll be heading up in the morning to stock up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kildaremum

Great thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Time to stock up on socks and gloves for the winter:D

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

i got a couple of lidl running tops last year and they're definitely the best i've bought, highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭randomCluster

About 2 pairs of size 9-11 running socks left in Lidl on Cork Street D8 when I arrived at 8:07 this morning. Lots of everything else. Someone has a serious sock fetish or else Lidl hold back on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

About 2 pairs of size 9-11 running socks left in Lidl in Cork Street D8 when I arrived at 8:07 this morning. Lots of everything else. Someone has a serious sock fetish or else Lidl hold back on them.

Strange - exact same thing in Cavan Lidl at 8:15 this morning - got last 2 pairs of 9-11 socks and only a handful left.. but tons of all the other gear. Only needed socks and gloves so got what I needed - was a serious mess of runners on the floor with people trying them on though :D

got the running pants there this morning.

pretty sure im only ever going to wear them in the dead of night in the coldest of winter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Ventured over at lunch. No women's leggings left in my size, but there were plenty of M and L left. Got a couple of the tops and jackets - I'm not keen on the material the tops are made out of but for €7.99, I really can't complain.

Also picked up a headtorch, reflective bands, two pairs of socks and a pair of gloves. Bring it on, Winter. I'm ready for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Rashers23

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Strange - exact same thing in Cavan Lidl at 8:15 this morning - got last 2 pairs of 9-11 socks and only a handful left.. but tons of all the other gear. Only needed socks and gloves so got what I needed - was a serious mess of runners on the floor with people trying them on though :D

In Lidl Dundrum at 7.59am for the ankle socks, again only some larger sizes there and very few at that..got a fab pair of luminous pink compression socks instead for the great pink run next week!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭BenMicheal

slingerz wrote: »
    got the running pants there this morning.

pretty sure im only ever going to wear them in the dead of night in the coldest of winter!

If they are compression based pants just wear shorts over them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

BenMicheal wrote: »
    If they are compression based pants just wear shorts over them

For the last time, NO!!! This is wrong :D

<runs and hides>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭BenMicheal

PaulieC wrote: »
    For the last time, NO!!! This is wrong :D

<runs and hides>

Why is it wrong tho??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Picked up running shoes top and socks.

Going back for jacket tomorrow...might get more socks gloves and possibly trousers. The top is epic tight fit and I'd assume the bottoms are too :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭inigo

Would one of those compression tops serve as a base layer for winter running or should I be looking for something else?

Advertisement