Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cappoquin Poultry in Liquidation?

Options
  • 16-08-2013 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

Nothing on news yet but word coming through to me that liquidator is to be appointed. Hopefully jobs can be saved

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,466 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Again?

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Exactly Again? In fairness this company has been dead and resurrected so many times is this the real end? Sad if it is.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Its been on the news the past few days, at least on radio. Not sure why its not appearing in a quick google but I don't think it has reached liquidation stage just yet - but I could be wrong. The people working their bailed it out last time and did a number of improvements, so its hoped that someone will just buy it out completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭ex_infantry

its hard when there competing with cheap imports from asia

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭gowley

rumours 2sfg have bought it. this can only be good as its the biggest poultry company in the uk. they also own green isle goodfellas and donegal catch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

its hard when there competing with cheap imports from asia

Waiting to see asian poultry in Ireland/UK... Any source?

None in Aldi/Lidl/Tesco afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭gowley

wonski wrote: »
    Waiting to see asian poultry in Ireland/UK... Any source?

None in Aldi/Lidl/Tesco afaik

there wont be any fresh asian poultry in supermarkets. the frozen is where you will find thai chicken but not as commonplace as before

Advertisement