Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An internet Cafe In Carlow town.

Options
  • 16-08-2013 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hello

I just moved to Carlow town for work. Alot of sites are (obviously) blocked at work and I wont have wifi in my flat until next week. Where is there a reasonable internet cafe. I am aware of the availability of the library :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

sineadkeo wrote: »
    Hello

I just moved to Carlow town for work. Alot of sites are (obviously) blocked at work and I wont have wifi in my flat until next week. Where is there a reasonable internet cafe. I am aware of the availability of the library :D

I dont think there is a internet cafe but there is loads of wifi spots around town you could use.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sineadkeo

Thanks for the reply Ian. I have seen there is wifi access in a few places alright but I really do need an internet cafe with physical access to a computer.

My tablet is away being fixed and the old backup laptop I have can only be used when plugged in and is slow as a snail.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

sineadkeo wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Ian. I have seen there is wifi access in a few places alright but I really do need an internet cafe with physical access to a computer.

My tablet is away being fixed and the old backup laptop I have can only be used when plugged in and is slow as a snail.:cool:
    The computer shop just up from the library use to have one you can use for a euro with printing not sure if they still do

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭He Who Dares Wins

There is a cafe just a couple of premises from Murphs fishing shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

There used to be on on Tullow St., Enter & Escape. Is that not there anymore?

• Advertisement

Its mad that none show up when you google internet cafes. Internet cafes generally have an affordable international phoneline service too. There must be one at least with computers you can pay for an hour and skype someone!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 shazysps

anyone know good internet cafe in waterford??

shazysps wrote: »

You should Probably start a seperate thread for that question :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bogof

There is internet access at the place on Kennedy Street/Castle Hill beside Carlow Stone Centre .

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Isn't there access in the library?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

bogof wrote: »
    There is internet access at the place on Kennedy Street/Castle Hill beside Carlow Stone Centre .

The outlasted the other options. They used to be ridiculously over-priced. Now they are the only opportunity to buy internet access.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

There's 2 pcs on the 1st floor in the fairgreen just at the top of the stairs.

No idea what speeds are like but they're seldom used.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Mr.Fred wrote: »
    There's 2 pcs on the 1st floor in the fairgreen just at the top of the stairs.

No idea what speeds are like but they're seldom used.

They are brutal!!! Good few sites ya cant look at because of software problems and damn slow too

Isn't there access in the library?

I am aware of library facility, but with it closes rather early and I cant do what I need to which is use skype.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

shazysps wrote: »

We dont likes city folk round these parts boy.

Advertisement