Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad bike fall nice reaction.

Options
  • 16-08-2013 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

Went for a cycle on Wednesday from Galway-Moycullen-Spiddle-Galway. As i was arriving in Galway at the end of the spin i had a fall on the junction of the coast rd and Cappagh Rd. Whilst i was turning (At a slow pace) the front end of the bike slipped from underneath me on the wet tarmac. As a result i came off the bike, the speed wasn't an issue but my head did collide with the curb edge (on the side of the face just under the helmet). I was i little dazed but as the house was 500m away i got on the bike and cycled home.
    What was heartening about the whole experience was the reaction of people passing by (Drivers & joggers). I had 3 separate people check on me and make sure i was ok, one driver even offered to drive me home. Being a pig headed man i refused the offer and cycled home.
    Was really nice to have that response and would like to thank all the good Samaritans out there

P.S.

I'm ok now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Eogclouder

Nice to hear galways not all just drunken louts and scumbags :D

Advertisement