Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sw 1070 panel - pir query

Options
  • 16-08-2013 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Just got engineer code for my system.

Want to do two things myself !
    First ... There is a pir in hallway.
    The installer has it set not to " flash" to save power ....

How to change this setting To "led on"

Second was to add a 2nd wireless pir .. Is it just to fit it , enable it on panel? Just want to name it "sitting room pir"... Advice appreciated

Lastly ... Rough price for a wireless pir
    Live near maynooth ... Local supplier ! Pls

Thks

Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

You can't enable the LED on the PiR as they are two way wireless and are off while the system is unset . They wake immediately upon arming .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Evolution1 wrote: »
    You can't enable the LED on the PiR as they are two way wireless and are off while the system is unset . They wake immediately upon arming .

ok i recall installer asking me if i wanted led on or off..which is strange in view of this!? Fair enough....i understand the waking up etc...i was sure you could have pir active ..obviously not if its asleep when alarm is unset.

ok i recall installer asking me if i wanted led on or off..which is strange in view of this!? Fair enough....i understand the waking up etc...i was sure you could have pir active ..obviously not if its asleep when alarm is unset.

It will only come on in walk test . Red led .
    Maybe your installer was thinking of visonics PiRS .
    SOME (most) Installers love to turn the lights on as it will run down the batteries faster resulting in a call out fee .
    Same goes for the HKC sabb when only used with one batt pack with the stat LEDs on it will last for 8mts .
    When used with the second batt pack it can last for 3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Installers love to turn the lights on as it will run down the batteries faster resulting in a call out fee .

Would you mind please putting the word 'some' before Installers.

kub wrote: »
    Would you mind please putting the word 'some' before Installers.

Of course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

SOME (most) Installers love to turn the lights on as it will run down the batteries faster resulting in a call out fee .
    Same goes for the HKC sabb when only used with one batt pack with the stat LEDs on it will last for 8mts .

Where exactly did you get that rubbish from?

Any installers I know (and that's a lot) would be thinking the complete opposite and would recommend measures to prolong the life of batteries.

You clearly haven't a clue.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Can you please explain how many installers you know exactly that do this?
    There is no money in replacing a single battery after a short period of time.
    I would be embarrassed calling back to someone after a year to changed a battery , I woudn't even charge for the battery never mind a call out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Same goes for the HKC sabb when only used with one batt pack with the stat LEDs on it William last for 8mts .

You obviously seem to know some cow boys in our business. I would appreciate it if you would please refrain from painting us all with the same brush.
    I would encourage you to contact either the PSA, these companies or individuals auditors or just ring Joe Duffy.

Advertisement