Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters in Digital Marketing

• 16-08-2013 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

Hoping i'm not threading (no pun intended) over old ground here but I am in the middle of a Post Grad in Digital Marketing in the DMI (Digital Marketing Institute) in Dublin city and was wondering if i should proceed to Masters level with them or try and transfer into one of the Dig. Marketing Masters run by DCU Business School or the Msc run jointly by MMI/DIT.

My aim to do consultancy work for the likes of Accenture etc or start my own company. My main concern with the Universities is that they can sometimes be far more theoretical based in their teaching than practical.

I was hoping for some feedback from either past students of the above or employers who hire digital marketing graduates, on which course/college they see as the best to graduate from. I'm not looking to hear from the institutions themselves as obviously it would be odd if you didn't think your course was better than your competitors.

thanks in advance for your feedback.
    SB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tuds2013

Hey semboy

I was just wondering what you thing of the course you are doing in DMI. I am looking at doing it myself but I am not sure if I should do a masters in Marketing in DIT instead. If you could give me any info or feedback on the course I would be so grateful. Also apologies for not being able to answer your question.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

semboy wrote: »
    Hi all,

Hoping i'm not threading (no pun intended) over old ground here but I am in the middle of a Post Grad in Digital Marketing in the DMI (Digital Marketing Institute) in Dublin city and was wondering if i should proceed to Masters level with them or try and transfer into one of the Dig. Marketing Masters run by DCU Business School or the Msc run jointly by MMI/DIT.

My aim to do consultancy work for the likes of Accenture etc or start my own company. My main concern with the Universities is that they can sometimes be far more theoretical based in their teaching than practical.

I was hoping for some feedback from either past students of the above or employers who hire digital marketing graduates, on which course/college they see as the best to graduate from. I'm not looking to hear from the institutions themselves as obviously it would be odd if you didn't think your course was better than your competitors.

thanks in advance for your feedback.
    SB

I'm in the same position myself, half way through the postgrad at DMI. I have thought about the masters but not sure if I really need it.
    If you we're to continue onto the masters I would stay with the DMI without a doubt. Their practitioner based lectures are more relevant than than theoretical IMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 myfriendtom

How are you finding the DMI post grad? Thinking about doing it myself as it seems like its a good way to break into the industry. Can you tell me whether you think it's worth while?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kapsloc

Heya Semboy,

I recently started the POstGrad course with the DMI about 2 months ago.

I have been working in the digital media industry for about 3 years now, from Affiliate marketing to digital advertising sales across display and CPL products. My reason for taking this course was to give me the practical skills and knowledge to fill any gaps I might have. I spent many weeks looking at various courses on offer from so many different type of sources, most of which were simple workshops or general introduction courses for the "man on the street". Then I found the DMI

As it turns out, my knowledge through my own experience in the digital marketing industry is limited, in just 2 short months, I am already discussing high level objectives & strategies with my clients who are marketing directors, brand managers and their technical teams. I think the key difference with the DMI, is that the lecturers are working professionals who are recognized in their respective disciplines, which makes for very insightful and practical sessions.

I can honestly vouch for this course, as I know that more doors will be opening up for me once I have completed the first year.

The guys at the DMI are super friendly and always helpful.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Advertisement