Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

When are we going to see our first 5 nil hammering of someone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC 23s
    #LFCU21s team to face Leicester tonight: Ward, Sama, Kelly, Jones, McLaughlin, Lussey, Rossiter,Teixeira Dunn, Peterson, Morgan.

Pity doesn't look like we sorted a loan deal for Tex although looking forward to seeing that midfield three.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

hefferboi wrote: »
    When are we going to see our first 5 nil hammering of someone?

When we play Newcastle :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

opr wrote: »
    Liverpool FC ‏@LFC 23s
    #LFCU21s team to face Leicester tonight: Ward, Sama, Kelly, Jones, McLaughlin, Lussey, Rossiter,Teixeira Dunn, Peterson, Morgan.

Pity doesn't look like we sorted a loan deal for Tex although looking forward to seeing that midfield three.

Opr
    Is Jon Flanagan injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I am pie wrote: »
    Jovanovic in particular is a cruel memory, came on big money, with an amaxing scoring record in the hippest of hipster leagues (Belgium) and he ended up being fcking useless. Chocolate fireguard of the highest order.

Says a lot that we managed to get what turned out to be a Serbian misfit from a league that was stuffed with young up and coming homegrown talent at the time. Reckon those meant to be watching the players back then were too busy scoffing local chocolate.

Then again it probably did not help the player that when he arrived there was a new manager in place to the one that wanted him, and that new manager turned up to be useless as a Liverpool manager.

Not sure though where you got the idea he had an amzing goalscoring record before joining Liverpool though. Just had a look and he had 71 goals from 166 career games before coming to Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mark1916

Is Jon Flanagan injured?

Don't think so, wasn't he on the bench on Sunday??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

Mark1916 wrote: »
    Don't think so, wasn't he on the bench on Sunday??

He sure was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Lads from TAW on Citytalk currently doing an alternative live deadline day transfer show for the closing hours of the window.

http://www.citytalk.fm/

http://www.mediauk.com/radio/344142/city-talk-1059

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Bray Header

fangee wrote: »

Didn't fat chops Werner say something about not being afraid to sign big checks. Throw that in his face too.

Jaysis bit harsh man no? I for one am very pleased with our current owners. I think they've steadied the ship, and backed Rodgers admirably in this window TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Getting business done early in the morning is great and all, makes for a boring transfer deadline evening though.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Anybody have a link that shows our current squad vs the squad from the start of last season?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Luis Suarez after landing in Uruguay this afternoon:
    "I closed this subject a while ago. I have already taken the decision to stay at Liverpool."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

Jaysis bit harsh man no? I for one am very pleased with our current owners. I think they've steadied the ship, and backed Rodgers admirably in this window TBH.

I'm happy with them too but if he's going to say it then no harm reminding him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Suarez in uraguay so no last minute worries there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

klose wrote: »

I bet your still a little nervous :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Oddly, no. Real haven't actually shown interest in him, I don;t think - just he in them.

EDIT - only another 333 posts to the trasnfer window - will we make it without an extra thread?!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Barring last minute hickups (with el pistolero Suarez) we are on the verge of a decent to good window. We really could have done with something more in midfield but it's refreshing to have strengthened in defence were we definetly looked vulnerable.

It has passed quietly over the last few weeks but keeping Suarez is an awesome piece of work, the usual suspect who hysterically criticise the manager and owners are conspicuously quiet today anyway. Credit where it is due, 3 wins on the bounce, new CBs and keeping Suarez, despite all the rot written about how badly it was being handled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I think I re-call saying way back that Suarez would still be a LFC player at the end of this transfer window, no apologising for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

billy2012 wrote: »
    Anybody have a link that shows our current squad vs the squad from the start of last season?

This is what looked like after the January window.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_Liverpool_F.C._season

And now.
    http://www.thisisanfield.com/season/liverpoolfc-squad/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

He may not have made it here, but it wasn't for want of trying. Good luck Dani Pacheco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

our best team now imo

______________Mignolet____________
    Johnson___Toure_____Sakho___Enrique
    _________Lucas_____Gerrard________
    Aspas/Moses______________Coutinho
    ____________Suarez______________
    ____________Sturridge____________

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

He may not have made it here, but it wasn't for want of trying. Good luck Dani Pacheco.

It's Enrique I feel sorry for...first they take away his Suso...now his Pacheco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Charlie19 wrote: »

Our midfield looks very light!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Was thinking that myself, I wonder will any of the U21s be called up to the squad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Sorted
    Until January at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Barring last minute hickups (with el pistolero Suarez) we are on the verge of a decent to good window. We really could have done with something more in midfield but it's refreshing to have strengthened in defence were we definetly looked vulnerable.

It has passed quietly over the last few weeks but keeping Suarez is an awesome piece of work, the usual suspect who hysterically criticise the manager and owners are conspicuously quiet today anyway. Credit where it is due, 3 wins on the bounce, new CBs and keeping Suarez, despite all the rot written about how badly it was being handled.

Hopefully we can add a player or two in January to supplement the midfield somewhat. Suarez being kept for this year obviously helps us push for fourth (I still think it's a reach for us) but you would hope that with a couple of January signings in the mould of Sturridge/Coutinho we'll position ourselves to give fourth a real go. Long term I hope to see this team with a couple of key additions get us back into the Champions League.

Let's just hope the internationals are kind to us this week and we'll have a fairly healthy squad to choose from in the coming weeks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Now we have too many defenders and not enough midfielders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Now we have too many defenders and not enough midfielders.

Turn Kolo back into a DM, fixed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Anyone expecting someone else through the door before the deadline? Defense looks well and truly sorted, but I'd like to see a midfielder or forward come in. Wishful thinking.

MD1990 wrote: »
    our best team now imo

Somehow, and I am not sure how myself, we need to find a way to play Coutinho more centrally. He is not nearly as effective in wider positions. If Henderson could play like he did on Saturday every week he would be knocking on the door for a start.

Will be interesting to see if he drops Agger or Toure. I have a feeling we will see Sakho and Agger with Toure on the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

Uruguay??

x0P5825971.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

our best team now imo

Id go for...

mignolet
    Johnson--agger--sahko---enrique
    gerrard----lucas---
    Suarez
    coutinho
    moses/hendo?
    sturride

Maybe swap wings with moses with suarez, i think sahko is more left footed then agger. Competition for every place too which is great news

Somehow, and I am not sure how myself, we need to find a way to play Coutinho more centrally. He is not nearly as effective in wider positions. If Henderson could play like he did on Saturday every week he would be knocking on the door for a start.

Will be interesting to see if he drops Agger or Toure. I have a feeling we will see Sakho and Agger with Toure on the bench.

Coutinhio wasn't effective anywhere yesterday.

I'd hope that he gets rotated with Moses tbh

our best team now imo

Id go for...

mignolet
    Johnson--agger--sahko---enrique
    gerrard----lucas---
    Suarez
    coutinho
    moses?
    sturridge

Maybe swap wings with moses with suarez, i think sahko is more left footed then agger. Competition for every place too which is great news

I prefer Kloses formation but not sure what Agger is doing as the right CB, is Sakho so left footed?
    I think with Suarez its best not to think of him playing a position, rather his influence will come from merely being in the team and on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'd have liked another midfielder, to be honest, but I'm looking at our squad. Definitely better than last season and not as easy to rule out top 4 for us. We look tidy enough to do well up until January and who know what happens then.

Feeling a lot better than 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

I wouldn't be dropping Henderson. Obviously there will be rotation depending on the quality of opposition, but I think our strongest team against strong opposition is:

Mignolet
    johnson--agger
    sakho---enrique
    lucas
    gerrard
    henderson----coutinho----suarez--
    sturridge

I think suarez would be a lot more effective on the left than on the right, though I would expect a lot of drifting and swapping positions from all our front 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Anyone expecting someone else through the door before the deadline? Defense looks well and truly sorted, but I'd like to see a midfielder or forward come in. Wishful thinking.

BBC 5Live saying Given is a possibility yet.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

McLaughlin hasn't started well at all.

K-9 wrote: »
    BBC 5Live saying Given is a possibility yet.

The dictionary definition of anti-climax! A steady hand I suppose for carling cup games ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Any update on Yarmolenko?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

opr wrote: »
    Liverpool FC ‏@LFC 23s

Opr

Im baffled how he hasnt had a kick in the first team yet, for me a much brighter prospect than Alberto from what i have seen of both. And i think its fair to compare as they are only months apart in age.

MR NINE wrote: »
    I wouldn't be dropping Henderson. Obviously there will be rotation depending on the quality of opposition, but I think our strongest team against strong opposition is:

Mignolet
    johnson--agger
    sakho---enrique
    lucas
    gerrard
    henderson----coutinho----suarez--
    sturridge

I think suarez would be a lot more effective on the left than on the right, though I would expect a lot of drifting and swapping positions from all our front 4

Same, in the team for me every week until his play level dips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Looks like we're done unfortunately.

I think we'll rue the window as a missed opportunity by season's end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Vicxas wrote: »
    Any update on Yarmolenko?

Russian media reported a bid of £12m from Liverpool, and a bid in the £20m region from a Russian club that was turned down. So we're some way off in the valuation it seems.

• Advertisement

Sama has a really awful first touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

I must say I am pretty happy with the players brought in. Moses and Sakho should go straight into the starting 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

We are the anti spurs we are strong where they are weak and they are strong where we are weak, should be interesting to see who comes out on top.

If united proves anything its that you can still win this league with an ordinary midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Looks like we're done unfortunately.

I think we'll rue the window as a missed opportunity by season's end.

There's always January if things go tits up, though. It's not safe to rely on January, but we found a couple of gems last time.

Disappointed Arsenal and United didn't miss out on their targets, I'd have liked if they'd blown it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement