Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

mike65 wrote: »
    Shay Given is OFF says 5live

repeat Shay Given is OFF

Was just about to post the same. Give me 5live over SSN every day off the week :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Borini close to loan deal re Sunderland

So then, is that it?

It would be nice if the club issued a statement to say so, then I can leave the room (is the world still there?).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Anyone know any legit highlights of the man u game? Missed it, would love to have a look. Thanks. By PM if against rules.

I have a download link of the full match if you want it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Shay Given is OFF says 5live

repeat Shay Given is OFF

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 4m
    My colleague @Iandennisbbc reports Shay Given will not now join #LFC on loan. #DeadlineDay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Much much better. Great little through ball from Morgan there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I am the final player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Neil Jones ‏@neiljonesecho 1m

#LFC say they are done for the night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Guess Moses will have to fill the underwhelming end of window position if Given is not signing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Since Liverpool met utd in january both teams have played 19 games and Liverpool have 2 points more in those games than utd.

From the Guardian.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

I am the final player.

I think it's high-time for you to change your name to Daniel Sturridge. :P

• Advertisement

Given me arse.

Brendan Rodgers with Kenny Dalglish at Billy Shankly 100th birthday dinner.

proxy.jpg?t=HBgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGljLmNvbS9zaG93L2xhcmdlL2RibjgwZy5qcGcUwAcU4gcAFgASAA&s=WXQA-COg2K_ZhGKEwPz4LarUk-QXfW9ChiitCL_YiCM

I think it's high-time for you to change your name to Daniel Sturridge. :P

That is a solid idea.
    Open to other suggestions.

Neil Jones ‏@neiljonesecho 1m

#LFC say they are done for the night

I'd prefer us not to buy someone now for just for the sake of it. With a bit of luck we will be in the shake up for CL spot by January window, then let us get those couple of players to enable us a to nab that top 4 spot :)

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

^^great photo^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

FT, 1-1.

We had a very good 30 minutes or so in the second half, but other than that, it was a poor game. Lloyd Jones had a good game. Mclaughlin was decent going forward but suffered from Glen Johnson-style headlessness in defence. Rossiter had a shaky first half but came into the second nicely. Teixeira came into the game a lot more in the second half, scoring a peach of a free kick. Morgan did better in the second half too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

So Arsenal get Ozil and we get Victor Moses:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Jesus Christ :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mark1916

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Jesus Christ :rolleyes:

Sure forget about the other 6 players we have signed and the 1 arsenal have :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Arsenal haven't bought a player in years sure you don't begrudge them one marquee signing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

That is a solid idea.
    Open to other suggestions.

Iago Aspas.
    a) because you haven't a great track record :P
    and
    b) because Iago is a cunning but astute name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

They spent 40+ million on him though... we are never gonna spend that much cash.

I'm happy with our window tbh. Could have been better but could have been infinitely worse!!!

daithijjj wrote: »

proxy.jpg?t=HBgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGljLmNvbS9zaG93L2xhcmdlL2RibjgwZy5qcGcUwAcU4gcAFgASAA&s=WXQA-COg2K_ZhGKEwPz4LarUk-QXfW9ChiitCL_YiCM

Was about to post this Daithijjj :P

Edit: I would love to see Kenny given a role at the club. Watching Rodgers BT interview he seems to really appreciate what Kenny has done for LFC down through the years

mvG7tN5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Mark1916 wrote: »
    Sure forget about the other 6 players we have signed and the 1 arsenal have :/

This has been a great window for us, it could always be better but the squad is so much stronger now than it was this time last year. Fair play to Rodgers. He's doing a great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Jesus wept Wtf is Rodgers wearing, is that a brown suade/corduroy suit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, Real have to settle for 40m plus and he has to settle for Champions League football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

That looks like a velvet suit Rodger's has on :pac:

Opr

That fcuking slimeball Purslow is now on 5live

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

I have to say, I'm kinda warming up to Morgan. Not that I think he'll make it with us, but at least he's giving himself every chance to succeed by Reinventing himself.

If you looked back a year before, you'd see him so Clueless outside of his CF Position.

Now he's trying to learn being a Wide Forward, and I'm quite liking what I've seen from him so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

lol - Brendan Rodgers going full on 1970's by wearing a brown velvet suit and Liverpool being top of the league.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I'd prefer us not to buy someone now for just for the sake of it. With a bit of luck we will be in the shake up for CL spot by January window, then let us get those couple of players to enable us a to nab that top 4 spot :)

Yep, we've seen with Mk and Willian that we can't really compete with CL clubs unless we get very, very lucky, or play smart. Sturridge, Sakho and Moses to an extent are players like that, aren't getting game time due to manager/other signing issues, so we are an attractive proposition.

Put up a good fight for 4th or ideally, be in with a great chance of it come January, we become a more attractive team and some more targets become a realistic shot.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

LFC Head Steward to Kenny and Brendan - "You should have seen the surprised owl face on him when I told him he couldn't come into the directors box".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

opr wrote: »
    lol - Brendan Rodgers going full on 1970's by wearing a brown velvet suit and Liverpool being top of the league.

Opr

He'll have a perm and a tasche next time we see him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Jesus wept Wtf is Rodgers wearing, is that a brown suade/corduroy suit?
    Looks like all the slimming down over the Summer means he can get into his confirmation suit again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

The squad is a lot stronger, and and I think a first eleven with Moses, Sakho and Toure instead of Downing, Enrique and Skrtel is improved too. Keeping Suarez was massive as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Brendan Rodgers - The Spy Boss Who Shagged Me.

That suit.

I bet he's blown the Mata money on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

We didn't spend 43m on Mossy.

Just when he was starting to shake off the Brent comparisons.

That suit.

Oh well.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

GTR63 wrote: »
    We didn't spend 43m on Mossy.

NO! I will not allow that! He is not from Ballybenowhere in Tipperary.

• Advertisement

Iago Aspas.
    a) because you haven't a great track record :P
    and
    b) because Iago is a cunning but astute name

ahheyor!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Thought i'd share a pretty funny annecdote heard now on radio, it's from Christian Purslow:

155pm on deadline day 2010 we get in a bid from a London club for Ryan Babel. An eye-opening bid. So i'm told the only way we get him to London in time for a medical is by plane. So they organise a plane for us, so im thinking not too bad private jet down to London. I get Ryan, we get to the plane and it's literally a 2-seater plane. 2 mins after take-off he tells me he's afraid of flying and asked me to hold his hand. I had to hold his hand for an hour before slipping the pilot a note saying "please land the plane before the player has a heart attack". We landed in a field in east london, we get there and ultimately the deal fell through. Myself and Ryan got the train home at 10 to 6"

Knex. wrote: »

He was awful touchy feel with Shelvey in being Liverpool, you don't think......

Knex. wrote: »

He was awful touchy feel with Shelvey in being Liverpool, you don't think......

Lads havin the craic tonight it seems.

proxy.jpg?t=HBgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGljLmNvbS9zaG93L2xhcmdlL2RibjhtdC5qcGcUwAcUpgkAFgASAA&s=A8Oxp5eVabiFxXd9aU12kqKyfOv1MDsvjDk-It3HhH8

Edit, close up on suit for connoisseurs amongst you.

It's good to see that Kenny smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭woysworld

Breaking news..."Sources" have told Sky Sports that an un-named source has revealed its deadline day. Sources close to Sky Sports are scrambling for confirmation and Sky Sports will bring you this breaking news as soon as other sources closer to Sky Sports confirms this breaking story.............:D

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭plannerscanner

MR NINE wrote: »
    a quality lwf would have been nice but I'm not sure if it's necessary. Am I the only one who sees Suarez starting a lot of games on the left of the front 3? I think he'd cause defenders a lot more trouble playin on the left than he would on the right

I'd be surprised to be honest. Suraez likes to run the right hand channel and use his nutmeg to force his way into the centre. See him on the right interchanging with Sturridge a lot just as we have already seen happen between Aspas and Sturridge and as we saw last year in the Chelsea match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Ardent

proxy.jpg?t=HBgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGljLmNvbS9zaG93L2xhcmdlL2RibjhtdC5qcGcUwAcUpgkAFgASAA&s=A8Oxp5eVabiFxXd9aU12kqKyfOv1MDsvjDk-It3HhH8

Dalglish should have went with a windsor knot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Rodgers on the sauce at a great looking function while moyes is pulling his hair out trying to get last minute deals done. Good times

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement