Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I love how sky are saying Liverpool are the busiest team of the day just to fill time.Contracts signed this morning. Everyones at home or out on the lash!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mark1916

I'm surprised Ayre hasn't been spotted with a beer yet! Possibly at home with a Chinese after having a few too many last night! Deservedly so!

Still reckon Sakho would drink him under the table, beast of a man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Would love to hijack the mc carthy deal to everton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Mark1916 wrote: »
    I'm surprised Ayre hasn't been spotted with a beer yet! Possibly at home with a Chinese after having a few too many last night! Deservedly so!

Still reckon Sakho would drink him under the table, beast of a man!
    probably going to have a midnight cruise on the bike
    BTHKh8wCEAAzzcX.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

My God Purslow has a boring voice, should have been in Father Ted, I want to change despite listening about interesting stories!

He was on about spending £20 Million on a player who wouldn't be fit till October. Was he still around for Carroll? Got the feeling £20 Million was just an example figure.

He was a bit complimentary on Rafa, seemed like PR stuff to me.

Rodgers in the BT interview name dropped lunching with Kenny, Danny Murphy was on about his contacts in the club feelings very upbeat, even Motson was complimentary about Liverpool business!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

I love how sky are saying Liverpool are the busiest team of the day just to fill time.Contracts signed this morning. Everyones at home or out on the lash!

Nothing more than good PR from Liverpool Football Club. Great early publicity in the openng day/weeks of the window & now they are closing it on a high. Makes the fans happy........like a Bruce Willis film, start was ok/good....middle was brutal and the end...well it goes out with a bang

Look at Spurs..they spent all the Bale money before they announced it.....why??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

K-9 wrote: »
    My God Purslow has a boring voice, should have been in Father Ted, I want to change despite listening about interesting stories!

He was on about spending £20 Million on a player who wouldn't be fit till October. Was he still around for Carroll? Got the feeling £20 Million was just an example figure.

He was a bit complimentary on Rafa, seemed like PR stuff to me.

Didn't that happen with Aquilani?

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Kolo Toure ‏@KoloKolotoure28 1m Training really hard and will be treating every game as if its a final. The fans have been incredible.
    Toure has a really good attitude & is very hungry to do well

klose wrote: »
    Rodgers on the sauce at a great looking function while moyes is pulling his hair out trying to get last minute deals done. Good times

Kinda gobsmacked they have left it so late.

Funny that's it another club in that position and not us for a change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

klose wrote: »
    Rodgers on the sauce at a great looking function while moyes is pulling his hair out trying to get last minute deals done. Good times

It's great. The united thread is gonna be fun later if they don't get anyone in :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

MD1990 wrote: »

Has to be my favorite signing of the summer.

opr wrote: »
    Didn't that happen with Aquilani?

Opr

That's it, I'd banished that from my memory.

That's another thing about this window, got rid of players we didn't want early enough, Carroll, Downing and Shelvey resulting in no shop window picks like Joe Cole and Aquilani in pre season games, probably goes some way to explain our good start.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

That's it, I'd banished that from my memory.

That's another thing about this window, got rid of players we didn't want early enough, Carroll, Downing and Shelvey resulting in no shop window picks like Joe Cole and Aquilani in pre season games, probably goes some way to explain our good start.

Agreed , good point .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

MD1990 wrote: »

I fu*king love Kolo Toure

It's great. The united thread is gonna be fun later if they don't get anyone in :D:D:D:D

Purslow was critical of that, even allowing for new men in, he thought they really shouldn't have let this go so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Morzadec wrote: »
    I fu*king love Kolo Toure

screen-shot-2012-11-25-at-7.54.49-am-300x206.png?w=300&h=206

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

That fcuking slimeball Purslow is now on 5live

FFS.

So i need a bloody haircut. Get off my back.

;-)

Ian ayre text white on sky saying were finished

5live wrote: »
    FFS.

So i need a bloody haircut. Get off my back.

;-)

It's someone else on your back by the sounds of it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

did ayre really text jim white???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

#LFC have confirmed Fabio Borini has joined Sunderland on loan for the duration of the 2013-14 campaign. pic.twitter.com/vGbPfXYUrK

Borini to Sunderland on loan confirmed.

Borini1.jpg?mw=655

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

rarnes1 wrote: »
    It's someone else on your back by the sounds of it :D

I could write a book...:-D

At least its not Purslow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Purslow was critical of that, even allowing for new men in, he thought they really shouldn't have let this go so far.

Yeah I heard him saying it would not have happened under Ferguson & Gill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Borini to Sunderland on loan confirmed.
    That's his first foot out the door. I reckon he will leave permanently in the Summer. I think he'll end up back in Serie A as a 10-15 goal a season striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It'll be intersting to watch Borini in a test lab situation, so to speak. I get too angry with him playing for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm so tempted to nip into the Utd forum, but if I do they'll pull three rabbits out of one hat in the next 43 minutes. So I'll leave them stew. ;)

The BBC have a deadline special from 10.35 on BBC1 (dunno about Norn Iron)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Best of luck to borini will follow his progress closely. Hes a good lad, had a torrid time with injuries. He has movement you can't teach, if he can get his confidence up wth 10+ league goals he could be a very important player for us yet when he comes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mark1916

mike65 wrote: »
    I'm so tempted to nip into the Utd forum, but if I do they'll pull three rabbits out of one hat in the next 43 minutes. So I'll leave them stew. ;)

Had a peak there. The word warzone comes to mind.

Imposters in Spain probably liverpool fans messing up the Herrera deal

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Great to able to sit back and watch SSN and have a laugh at Utd. Great work this summer from LFC, fair play to them.

Top of the table, it's ours to throw away now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Kinda gobsmacked they have left it so late.

Funny that's it another club in that position and not us for a change.

We signed three players on deadline day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I am glad it's United and not us again dicking around on deadline day

mike65 wrote: »

We can't really talk, we didn't even have mad stories to discuss this time last year, everybody had gone home.

Inexperienced managers and CEO's at big clubs leads to a bit of a disastrous window? Looks like we've learned a lot from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Sappy404 wrote: »

Hyper Jim would have you believe that when we all know those deals have been done for days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Imposters in Spain probably liverpool fans messing up the Herrera deal

In a way story of the transfer window ;)

FFS, Mata to PSG is a possibility, PSG need to up the price, Mata and Luaku possibly out, Jose has finally lost it, or else just trolling us!

The Manchester United thread is a delight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

It will be good for Borini to get some regular game time. He needs a few goals, lacking in confidence big time. Given we usually play with one central striker he wouldn't have got chances with Sturridge, Suarez, Aspas and possibly Yesil (for cup games) to play there.

Hopefully next summer we'll know if he's good enough and will either have a decent striker coming back or a few million in the bank.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sappy404 wrote: »

There is a world of difference between announcing three players who have been pursued since God knows when (Ilori goes back months, Sakho since July at least, Moses was probably underlined in Rodgers book since Jose got back) and scrabbling about on the final day.

Guardian - Sturridge in England squad training (sorry if repost)
    The player will continue to be closely monitored by England's medical staff over the course of this week and Sturridge expects to be fit for the game at Wembley on Friday and next week's daunting trip to Kiev. The striker was one of a number of players who worked in the gym at the England training base on Monday afternoon having featured for their clubs in the Premier League the previous day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

From rmtv

270219.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Hold back the laughter for another 41 minutes :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

FFS, Mata to PSG is a possibility, PSG need to up the price, Mata and Luaku possibly out, Jose has finally lost it, or else just trolling us!

happycat.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

There but for the grace of Fowler go us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I noticed one of the tags in the Manchester United thread is
    "Doni Doni Doni Doni Doni Doni Doni Doni " :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

United get their man with 36 mins to go

http://www.jewornotjew.com/img/people/s/screech_powers.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Gutted to see arsenal get such a smashing player. The fact clubs we are fighting the top 4 can throw such money around this is so frustrating. Gotta wonder where it will stop.

Overall delighted with our own transfers, with suarez to come back it will be like a new signing. its going to be a very tight race for all team to the end of season

Ozil confirmed for Arsenal I don't know, major marquee signing and all that but I'd prefer our signings. You just never know splashing all your cash on 1 player like Ozil or Bale, that's why I was wary of paying £25-30 Million on Mk or Willian, no point splashing your budget on one player, especially in our position with a good few areas to be addressed.

Boards.ie is creaking under the load of all the United fans online. This place will blow in about 23 minutes :D

Currently Active Users Moderators
    934 (535 members & 399 guests) Moderators : 8
    Francie Barrett, Kerplunk124, Adolescenteen, Lukekul, paulgalway, Steven81, Plucky, Metalpanic, Andersonisgod, pheasant tail, Hyzepher, dmaprelude, Irish Aris, Bloc Party!, Techniques07, Duff, wandatowell, ShamoBuc, Nuts102, Panthro, clouter, FutureGuy, Marty McFly, doney84, dundalkfc10, JokerD, adox, ericzeking, HammyOWC, RikkFlair, mono627, ShoulderChip, Juan Pablo, Kalel, ShaunC, daithijjj, ronjo, jod1983, deafroadrunner, D'Agger, BeepBeep67, mosstin, sidcon, robby^5, RobbingBandit, macslash, doyler442, michaelr666, Jaafa, Jcomm114, karma_, M!Ck^, Montroseee, thomond2006, tosspot, audidiesel, Paully D, puddle duck, drumlover22, wadacrack, eclectichoney, Taok, KINGVictor, NiallDoherty, billymitchell, Paella, WesternZulu, donkeyoaty0099, whatawaster, G.K., jaharry, opr, irelandrover, VW 1, nerrad1983, Antibac, davycc, Zico, oldyouth, dryan, Focus_sligo, caddy16, ricero, Looper007, Iamhere, Luckycharms_74, eric hoone, KingdomYid, bishopmuzorewa, Steve Holt, poppers, Elro, Johner, Brian017, Royal Legend, Corholio, pauleoin, Jason Todd, quad_red, DBCyc, Chagan, Man.UnitedLad, dubred, hangar18_, Gavlor, elchupanebrey, Left Back on the Bench, v3ttel, Ed Winchester, Col200sx, DARK-KNIGHT, jonnyfingers, How Soon Is Now, Arawn, .jacksparrow., Fooker, furandfeather, manor, PhlegmyMoses, Seans_Username, L5, fish fingers, Samba, coldgin, tayto lover, KaiserGunner, Gabbit, tvnutz, Insect Overlord, DBIreland, the1andonly1, osnola ibax, martinr5232, Ugo Monye spacecraft experience, Idu, Tigerandahalf, Kagawa, overexcitedaj, CantGetNoSleep, ITT-Pat, lertsnim, TopOfTheHill, keano2012, Chucky Norris, neil_18_, Sparko, lola85, JFlah, Insane Rambling, black and amber, Stargate, Omeceron, amber69, Dozyart, Brenty, robertc, GorillaRising, sportfanatic, big dar, srocliffe, KeepTheFaith, RedPeppers, J. Marston, Scrum001, Mental_Legend, bedrock#1, Jelle1880, Thrill, Spook80, Degag, Radharc na Sleibhte, GSPfan, GavRedKing, dvemail, stephen_k, Eirebear, Michael8000, parttime, Blazer, Fowler87, supersean1999, ninja900, bantee, smellmepower, Pizzle, Your Airbag, ButcherOfNog, jester77, UnitedIrishman, TestTransmission, SScope, earthwormjack, JustAddWater, Unearthly, tallaghtmick, Knex., mar-z, symbolic, genericgoon, Eight Ball, Paddy@CIRL, royaler83, Deank, foxy06, davemckenna25, Thatsfootball, kronsington, WIZE, jkelly85, secman, T-b0n3, weldoninhio, Hulk Hands, tony1kenobi, Liam2590, mrkiscool2, MrMac84, patmac, kona, samapple789, allthedoyles, delw, Dimithy, dobsdave, Fromvert, dreamers75, TimeToShine, jamesbere, #15, Mr.Crinklewood, GTR63, coin, manu2009, jaymla627, Teamshadowclan, Fantom J, edgecutter, SweepTheLeg, Stoolbend, tbayers, wonderboysam, pandaboy, kev1.3s, Neeson, Liam O, TopOfTheRight, Gunslinger99, kryogen, DubDani, ELJeff, Julez, rob316, bluefinger, The Sparrow, dr ro, highgiant1985, Seamu$, dossier, dmc17, mossym, Freeshack, Specialun, FreeOSCAR, bohsman, TiltedBrain, Pocaide, Trilla, Robdoo, billy2012, pelluci, Tubbs4, Kerrigooney, frisbeeface, chinchin, KH25, fearcruach, ben36, farna_boy, Dont be at yourself, Mr.Prodston, paulbok, Green Hornet, TheTownie, steps_3314, Bazmedic, the mighty elk, monster1, village runner, towzer2010, markc91, wonderfullife, jebus84, killwill, Villaboi!, MANUTD99, ironmonkey, corcaigh07, j_lennon18, Quandary, Mr Blobby, grumpymunster, LostBoy101, tipperary, Joeyjoejoe43, fitze69, aliveandkicking, FearDark, chips1234, gar45, sugarman, dexter647, shadowcomplex, Im_No_Superman, pah, ianwalsh2, Squeaksoutloud, tteknulp, davidm20, Kettle316, fangee, elius, Kerrydude1981, jameshayes, livinginkorea, Lemsiper, Bob the Seducer, Laois_Man, paddyg91, DUBACC, Grayditch, ollkiller, ASOT, AdamD, RoverZT, jeffred, Corkblowin, DrumSteve, Serbitar, self aware, Pudsy33, Strongbow10, ankles, bazual, Officer Giggles, gracehopper, physioman, john987098, Danye, Lando Griffin, bobmalooka, Glenviewjf, MaxPower89, daithip, Superhoops86, robgreensmith, baked beanz, Cookiemunster, SirDelboy18, freewheeler, Garzorico, phenomenalcat, CastingCouch, DanTheMan91, Seph503, gandalf, 28064212, delaney001, retalivity, theoneeyedman, bkl4, ronan2494, ManOnFire, MongoNet, ician, Devilman40k, redarmy, Charlie19, Free Speech, aaronh007, flynner5000, liam7831, elefant, krankykitty, astradave, kaisersose77, Mr Teeny, discobeaker, john mayo 10, Al_Coholic, jesus_thats_gre, An Citeog, FitzerP, Chris Ryan, Lightscribe, collie0708, ArmaniJeanss, babalobioddy, The Big Easy, Yawns, mada999, penev10, signinlate, Call Me Jimmy, wienstien, Donnielighto, sophya, LightOfTruth, Essien, steirishrover, buckfasterer, ambid, mewe, martyo, mike65, Yourwellcum, Klair88, SherlockWatson, Urquell, spaceboy, 80s Child, eugeneious, Smiley Dave, darego, POSSY, Skittlebrau, Brendan Filone, DoubleD, MD1990, bod71, double GG, dublincelt, tok9, Zeppi, sea_monkey, Keanes Road, jambofc, kelator, homerzero, deisedevil, 8-10, slegs, mailrewop, Irishmale0399, Corcs001, hongler, speedboatchase, Wiillaah, Doodoo, Loughc, The Major, 5live, Juniorhurler, KY Kevin, sofireland, dorgasm, Buttonftw, Paddywiggum, NinjaTruncs, Simply Red, Brickinthewall, colinod0806, 2ndcoming, gerard_65, daRobot, Pilsbury Doughboy, gosplan, only1stevo, case885
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

We spent more than arsenal

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement