Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twin buggy recommendations

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Love the donkey in double mode. No problems getting through doors and so easy to adapt to single mode when I've only one. Older one can face out and baby is nice and. cosy in the pram part facing me. Its been a good purchase for us and well worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

I find the donkey too wide. So far I'm finding the city select great - very manoeuvrable and easy to get in and out doors when you are on your own. The only negative is that it can be a bit heavy if you have to tilt it to get up a step or whatever, and because I had a section I have to be extra careful. But because of the air filled tyres it actually manages to get up most kerbs without needing to be tilted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Do ye think this could be a good deal? Even if only to use for the first few months then sell on for something smaller? Or is general consensus stay away from the donkey??! Lol. Just seems very reasonable compared to what you'd pay new and it's not even a year old....

http://www.adverts.ie/pushchairs-prams/bugaboo-donkey-like-new/4553070

Edit: woops just fixed link there

That's a great deal!! I've no plans to sell mine on, when the older child is too big for it she can go on a buggy board with it in single mode. The side basket is really handy too.

I looked at a lot of doubles, and the donkey was the winner. I quickly realised I didn't like the tandem/over and under style which ruled out lots of popular options, but the donkey is money well spent for us.

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Do ye think this could be a good deal? Even if only to use for the first few months then sell on for something smaller? Or is general consensus stay away from the donkey??! Lol. Just seems very reasonable compared to what you'd pay new and it's not even a year old....

http://www.adverts.ie/pushchairs-prams/bugaboo-donkey-like-new/4553070

Edit: woops just fixed link there
    I would ask myself why someone would sell it after only using it 6 months

• Advertisement

I would ask myself why someone would sell it after only using it 6 months

Yea but I sold my pram after only 8 months when I found out I was expecting again. Seems genuine enough. There's a receipt and still under warranty and all...

I know someone selling a new buggy because they're moving abroad. We've a practically new buggy in the attic because we'd two close together.

What I meant was are they getting rid of it because they don't like using it. Since starting out on my research about buggies (since I started this thread) I have asked A LOT of people about their buggies. I have noticed that the donkey gets criticised for its weight a lot and that it doesn't fold small so can be a hassle for getting into a car boot. In double mode these issues are more obvious. Some people love their donkey but a lot of people seem to sell theirs within a year cos it just drove them mad! Girl in my yoga class sold hers (double) after 5 months because she just couldn't manage it and found she was avoiding going out alone. She bought the city select after.

What I meant was are they getting rid of it because they don't like using it. Since starting out on my research about buggies (since I started this thread) I have asked A LOT of people about their buggies. I have noticed that the donkey gets criticised for its weight a lot and that it doesn't fold small so can be a hassle for getting into a car boot. In double mode these issues are more obvious. Some people love their donkey but a lot of people seem to sell theirs within a year cos it just drove them mad! Girl in my yoga class sold hers (double) after 5 months because she just couldn't manage it and found she was avoiding going out alone. She bought the city select after.

Thanks. These are the things I need to hear to make my decision :). Everyone I have spoken to who has a donkey says they love it! Not one has said they would change. It is good tho to hear other comments. I would be getting this prob to use for the first 6 months or so anyway.... Then would go for something very small and lightweight. I bought a small mcclaren after my Cameleon. The resale would probably be good. However, city jogger looking quite appealing.... Just unsure how it would be for newborn.

Thanks again for all the replies

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

When I had my 1st I was in love with the idea of a carrycot and I do love to coo at a little baby in a pram,2 and 3 went straight in to the buggy and 4 will too,you get more practical as you go along.
    My 1 and 3 were long babies so the majority of carrycots were too small for them after less then 2 months and the same with most moses baskets.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Baby-Jogger-Compact-Carrycot-Crimson/dp/B008I14OSM/ref=pd_sim_by_3 is the carrycot for http://www.amazon.co.uk/Baby-Jogger-City-Double-Crimson/dp/B006QH4408/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389390583&sr=8-1&keywords=city+jogger+mini+double I think.

• Advertisement

City select can be used with a carry cot and the maxicosi car seat - we have been using both for our newborn twins (carry cot when out walking and maxicosi when indoors) and find it great. The buggy mode is suitable from birth too, but I just think the carry cot is better and more snug for a newborn.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

heres a quite hilarous video of a woman trying to get the donkey into the boot of her ford focus which illustrates nicely what folks are on about when they say its hard to get into a boot
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUEBT8hHaaM

Even in an S-Max you'd not get a fierce amount of luggage in the boot with a Donkey in its full glory in it.

I do say that ignoring all that impracticality, its a handy yoke when set up with a child and the basket beside it.

heres a quite hilarous video of a woman trying to get the donkey into the boot of her ford focus which illustrates nicely what folks are on about when they say its hard to get into a boot
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUEBT8hHaaM

Even in an S-Max you'd not get a fierce amount of luggage in the boot with a Donkey in its full glory in it.

I do say that ignoring all that impracticality, its a handy yoke when set up with a child and the basket beside it.

Lol... Yea if say unless you have a jeep perhaps a bit impractical. It would fit in my car but there just wouldn't be room for anything else at all! Where would u put the groceries!?

So after spending the weekend folding and taking apart the donkey, the nipper, the city select and the city jogger mini. We've decided on either the nipper or the city mini. Both just sooo easy to fold up and very compact. I liked the donkey best when all set up but gonna go for easy i think.

There's a new model of the nipper coming out which will take a carry cot and maxi cosi... But it could be April so that's too late for us. I like the city mini best and that takes a carry cot but won't take maxi cosi... So will prob just have to do without the maxi cosi... Even tho it is very handy.

Thanks for the replies and advice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Why do you need the carrycot sligo1? The reason the nipper doesn't take it is that it goes completely flat for newborns. So you don't need the extra carrycot. One less thing to haul around/store later.

I'm trying to find maxicosi attachments for the old model nipper at the moment... Doesn't seem to exist. Annoying.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

They don't exist and there is no easy way to make a maxi cosi balance on it either.

pwurple wrote: »
    Why do you need the carrycot sligo1? The reason the nipper doesn't take it is that it goes completely flat for newborns. So you don't need the extra carrycot. One less thing to haul around/store later.

I'm trying to find maxicosi attachments for the old model nipper at the moment... Doesn't seem to exist. Annoying.

It's not particularly that we need the carrycot as I know it goes straight back. It's more that if I had the option it would be nice to have I spose.

Advertisement