Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cots with sides you can move!

Options
  • 16-08-2013 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

Hi gang,

just wondering if anyone knows where you can get cheap cots but that the sides can be let down? The Ikea ones etc are all solid ones and the sides don't move. It is very likely that I will have to have a cesaerean and I think it would be more practical for me to have a cot I can lower the sides to get the babies out, rather than leaning over.

I want to pay as little as possible though! So around €100-150 max, as we have two to buy.

Can anyone recommend?

thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Hi gang,

just wondering if anyone knows where you can get cheap cots but that the sides can be let down? The Ikea ones etc are all solid ones and the sides don't move. It is very likely that I will have to have a cesaerean and I think it would be more practical for me to have a cot I can lower the sides to get the babies out, rather than leaning over.

I want to pay as little as possible though! So around €100-150 max, as we have two to buy.

Can anyone recommend?

thanks!

I got a lovely cot in smyths for €130 that the side moves up n down n the bed part can be raised. It was called "bella cot" so I took it as inspiration. . (My baby's nsme is annabelle!)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Thanks Loubian! I'll have a look in smyths!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Just found one on mothercare for €119.99 with free delivery! yay!
    Sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

What age will those cots do up to?
    As in the cotbed does untill 3/4yrs
    Would that cot do till 18 months?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

I actually found a better bargain than the mothercare one.

http://babyaccessoriesireland.com/en/cots-120cm-x-60cm/29-tomi-xl-cot-with-drop-side.html

€89 without mattress, €129 with mattress. Delivery included. Suitable up to 4 years, but I would be hoping they will be in a proper bed long before that! The one above also has wheels which I think is handy, especially for cleaning floors etc, you can just move it and sweep/ vacuum with no hassle.

That website also has some lovely bedding sets, with everything in it. As soon as I know what we're expecting I'll be going mad buying sets!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I actually found a better bargain than the mothercare one.

http://babyaccessoriesireland.com/en/cots-120cm-x-60cm/29-tomi-xl-cot-with-drop-side.html

€89 without mattress, €129 with mattress. Delivery included. Suitable up to 4 years, but I would be hoping they will be in a proper bed long before that! The one above also has wheels which I think is handy, especially for cleaning floors etc, you can just move it and sweep/ vacuum with no hassle.

That website also has some lovely bedding sets, with everything in it. As soon as I know what we're expecting I'll be going mad buying sets!

Is that not just a standard cot size 120 x 60? I thought cot beds were bigger 140 x 70 like this.

http://babyaccessoriesireland.com/en/cot-beds-140-x-70/55-amal-ll-patrick-cot-bed-free-mattress.html[\url]

I don't want a cot bed :confused: never said I did!

A few parents have told me that the cot beds were a bit of a waste of money because by the time they are big enough to be in the cotbed as a 'bed' then they are able to be in a normal bed anyway.

Our house is quite small and I need to fit 2 cots in the same room initially, so I don't want anything bigger than necessary.

TBH, an extra 20cm length and 10cm width isn't going to make much of a difference in the long run, its not like you will get an extra year out of it or something because of an extra few centimetres. But in our small house the standard cot size means I can easily fit 2 cots end to end without it being a squeeze. Perhaps if I was buying just the one I would get something more fancy, but with two on the shopping list €129 all in suits me just fine!

Advertisement