Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to watch UFC this Saturday?

Options
  • 16-08-2013 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

This weekend Ireland's own Conor McGregor has his second fight for the biggest MMA promotion in the world. After winning his previous fight by KO in the first round this should be a great fight as he takes on the talented striker Matt Holloway.

I'll be visiting Galway city centre for the weekend so don't know where I'll be able to watch it

Are there any bars that show UFC events that are likely to have it or better yet anywhere that have confirmed they’ll be showing it?

Likely to be on around the 23:30 or there abouts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

espn dont usually start their coverage till after 12. And i dont think there are many pubs in galway where a tv would be watchable at 12 o clock on a saturday night.
    Would like to see the fight live myself but im working late that night so will have to catch it during the week

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Worn Out

Really annoyed UPC pulled Espn. Don't want to pay €16 a month just for UFC but like it that much I might have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

That would be Max Holloway

I see everyone's jumping on the bandwagon :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭degzs

What time is the fight at?
    Your best bet for the fight is the bar down stairs in the Meyrick Hotel in Eyre square, cannot think of the name but its a sports bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭swine

Fagans? I usually try Garvey's across the road for any late night sports, worth asking I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

swine wrote: »
    Fagans? I usually try Garvey's across the road for any late night sports, worth asking I reckon.

+1 for Garveys, go in sometime earlier/during day and ask them about it.. They are usually pretty good about it.. (You may end up watching without volume at the start)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    That would be Max Holloway

I see everyone's jumping on the bandwagon :rolleyes:

"ooh look at me, I'm a UFC hipster".

He made a typo in the OP or it was a genuine mistake. Get over yourself.

And so what if anyone only started following UFC recently. It's only natural for people to become interested when one of their own gets to the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Blump

Cheers for the recommendations folks. Will have to go now to "research" these pubs.

My apologies to max for getting his name wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gary s

Fibber magees are showing it upstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

I'd say you might have a chance in a hotel bar either the one you're staying in or pretending to be staying they're usually quiet enough and the bar man will probably put it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

kraggy wrote: »
    "ooh look at me, I'm a UFC hipster".

He made a typo in the OP or it was a genuine mistake. Get over yourself.

And so what if anyone only started following UFC recently. It's only natural for people to become interested when one of their own gets to the top.

NOT a big fan tbh! So shut your hole good sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Blump

gary s wrote: »
    Fibber magees are showing it upstairs

In Fibbers and was told this just a few minutes ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Watch the tone. guys. Play nice or don't play at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Hope Garvey's are showing it. Hate Fibbers.

Advertisement