Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiesto and Calvin Harris the 02

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Gobsmacked that this sold out, I figured the standing tickets would fly out the door but the entire seating too?? DAFUQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Gutted I couldnt get tickets!
    8 tickets per person is a disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

raven136 wrote: »
    Gutted I couldnt get tickets!
    8 tickets per person is a disgrace

That's MCD for ya, it really takes the piss when they allow 8 per person for The Olympia (Slash for one).

These professional touts have 3 or 4 credit cards at different addresses, that's up to 32 tickets each!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kiks55

Calvin Harris is a beast live <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 2K11

Anyone having any luck getting tickets online? I have looked on donedeal.ie and Ebay but I'm not 100% sure If they are scammers or not.....

If only I cued up that time :(...live and learn I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 johnnyjohnjohn

Have seen Tiesto in Ireland every time hes played here,will not be able to see him this year as its on a thursday night and ive to Work,but i will say,
    seen him 2weeks ago with Calvin harris in Amsterdam in the ziggo dome and the show just blew me away,if the show is anything near the one in Dublin you lot are in for a show!!
    (better than Ballinlough Castle,(ISOS Asia) or even Elements of life tour(in the old Point,now the O2)
    But going off the last couple of shows like Deadmau5 and others in Ireland ive been your better off
    going abroad to See a DJ,Dance act you like...
    better atmosphere,better enjoyment,better facilities...not being surrounded by 16-19yr olds off there face on drugs,causing trouble and dressing up like its Halloween...

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭metaxaaa

I very want to go in tiesto and I found seatwave.ie reselling tickets? it's trustable site?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

I have one seating ticket for sale on toutless.com at the moment - face value + booking... selling on behalf of my son who managed to get a standing ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Greendiamond

I have two standing I am looking to swap for two seated (if they are decent seats!)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

I have two standing I am looking to swap for two seated (if they are decent seats!)
    pm sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

Any idea what time this starts at? Doors are half 6 but what time will they actually start at

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Any idea what time this starts at? Doors are half 6 but what time will they actually start at

Probably about half 6 or 7. Given the lineup on the night it has to be an early start - remember curfew is 11 so need to squeeze a good few acts in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

timmywex wrote: »
    Probably about half 6 or 7. Given the lineup on the night it has to be an early start - remember curfew is 11 so need to squeeze a good few acts in :)

Gutted I have an exam that starts at 6 until at least 7. Hoping to absolutely leg it to the gig asap.

Any set times anywhere? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Jaysus we were thinking of wandering in about half 7 after the last Tiesto concert ... ha I suppose we better make get a move on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭xploderz

Over at 11pm? Serious? As Joe Duffy would say "My God". For anyone who didn't get tickets to this, there's a good night in the wright venue on saturday 28th dec, Seb Fontaine and Tall Paul - only €11.75 tickets! Fraction of the price for better DJs in my opinion. And you can be sure it won't be over at 11pm!

xploderz wrote: »
    Over at 11pm? Serious? As Joe Duffy would say "My God". For anyone who didn't get tickets to this, there's a good night in the wright venue on saturday 28th dec, Seb Fontaine and Tall Paul - only €11.75 tickets! Fraction of the price for better DJs in my opinion. And you can be sure it won't be over at 11pm!

I think Tong is playing in the Wright Venue afterwards as well. I was thinking a 12 / 1am finish, but 11pm is mentally early.

ironclaw wrote: »
    Gutted I have an exam that starts at 6 until at least 7. Hoping to absolutely leg it to the gig asap.

Any set times anywhere? :(

Haven't seen any yet.

I could be wrong but based on there being 5 acts and only 4.5 hours of music I can only imagine it will be starting off fairly on time! Tiesto/Calvin will easily fill 3 hours between them and half hour sets for GTA/Pete Tong/Danny Avila......

Could run something like this....
    18:30-19:00 - Danny Avila
    19:00-19:30 - GTA
    19:30-20:00 - Pete Tong
    20:00-21:30 - Tiesto
    21:30-23:00 - Calvin Harris

Complete guess work there btw...feel free for other suggestions :) I do think Calvin will be on after Tiesto however...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

These 'dance' gigs in the Point used to go on til 1am - has this changed?

nm wrote: »

Unless they applied for an extension/exemption for this gig - don't know if it is even possible to do such a thing - Certainly not 1am though (last luas 00:30 and all that)

I'm positive the last time Tiesto played in the O2, March 19th 2010, was a Friday and I'm certain it was after 12 until it ended. Perhaps 12.30. Thursdays are probably different with residents.

Edit: Just checked, last time it was "Doors 6pm with 1am Curfew"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭peterc1991

Why is the curfew so early?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

peterc1991 wrote: »

Cos it's only young one's going to it and therefore bed time is earlier! :D

Seriously though - I'd say it's to do with public transport availabilities and also crowd and noise control late at night

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Is the 11pm finish time confirmed lads?

peterc1991 wrote: »

Pretty sure it was a major point made in the planning application with Ringsend residents, which I think is fair enough as if your not getting transport from the O2, you can walk across the East Link, and all that area is fairly residential. Same applies to those that live around Croke Park. I suppose the same could be said 'Well you live there so deal with it' but I think its a fair enough curfew for weekday gigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

ironclaw wrote: »
    Pretty sure it was a major point made in the planning application with Ringsend residents, which I think is fair enough as if your not getting transport from the O2, you can walk across the East Link, and all that area is fairly residential. Same applies to those that live around Croke Park. I suppose the same could be said 'Well you live there so deal with it' but I think its a fair enough curfew for weekday gigs.

But as per the posts above, The Point had them run until 1am in the same location so..

But as per the posts above, The Point had them run until 1am in the same location so..

Well the O2 was a completely new planning application versus the Point which would have been built in 1988 (if I recall correctly), so it wouldn't have been subject to the same modern planning & traffic constraints, licensing etc etc. The Point also had a capacity of 8500, while at max the O2 can hold 14,500. Thats a pretty sizable difference for human and motor traffic, all of which has to be accounted for.

Not arguing, just saying you cannot possibly compare the two on the same basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭peterc1991

Anyway I havn't been to the o2 in years. How much a pint inside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

€6 the last time I was there. Might have/probably has gone up since then what with increases in the Budgets etc!

baz2009 wrote: »
    €6 the last time I was there. Might have/probably has gone up since then what with increases in the Budgets etc!

6.5 two weeks ago i think.....****e pints (by the look of them)....out of them instant machines that work like the fountain drink machines in mcdonalds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Cerfew in the o2 is 11.. like its not a nightclub, even if its a dance act..

Advertisement