Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiesto and Calvin Harris the 02

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭DJDontaz

Has anyone else bought tickets for this from "SEE TICKETS" ? Or even any other ticket vendors??

They're trusted in the UK, but the tickets for this event got delayed and it's causing a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭peterc1991

timmywex wrote: »
    6.5 two weeks ago i think.....****e pints (by the look of them)....out of them instant machines that work like the fountain drink machines in mcdonalds

Snakey nagin it is so

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

DJDontaz wrote: »
    Has anyone else bought tickets for this from "SEE TICKETS" ? Or even any other ticket vendors??

They're trusted in the UK, but the tickets for this event got delayed and it's causing a problem.

Interesting. I have had a issue with them for this event. Got an email saying they were dispatched on the 4th of December, turns out they weren't sent out until the 9th. As of yesterday I hadn't received them so I emailed them, and a duplicate set will be at the box office in the O2 from 6pm on the day (Was a standard auto-reply email so I'm very cautious about it)

Only problem is, I bought 4 tickets and I'm arriving late, but the 3 other people are going to be there at doors opening. And the email says only I can collect the tickets as I'm the card holder. Quietly hoping it won't be a monumental mess as I absolutely cannot get there before 8pm on the day.

EDIT: By the way, do you have a source for that delay story? I'd like to see it as I have to ring them today and have a 'discussion' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Stage Times for The Greater Than tour this Thursday :

Doors 6.30pm
    Danny Avila 7.05pm
    Pete Tong 7.35pm
    Calvin Harris 8.25pm
    Tiesto 9.45pm

Stage Times for The Greater Than tour this Thursday :

Doors 6.30pm
    Danny Avila 7.05pm
    Pete Tong 7.35pm
    Calvin Harris 8.25pm
    Tiesto 9.45pm

Cheers for that. In case anyone wants the source link:

http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=6957908&ar=calvinharris&cat=all

Also as an update to my previous post, See Tickets were awesome to deal with and merely changed the name on the booking so my friend can collect them. Couldn't fault the service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 mufc2011

ironclaw wrote: »
    Cheers for that. In case anyone wants the source link:

http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=6957908&ar=calvinharris&cat=all

Also as an update to my previous post, See Tickets were awesome to deal with and merely changed the name on the booking so my friend can collect them. Couldn't fault the service.

Tiesto had to be playing for at least 2 hours

mufc2011 wrote: »
    Tiesto had to be playing for at least 2 hours

Well, Calvin is getting an hour and 20 mins, so if Tiesto got the same slot time, thats 11.05pm, which would sit nicely with a 11pm curfew.

Or, by some chance they had an extension and he got a 2 hours slot, thats 11.45 for a 12pm curfew. Either way, its going to be finished before 12 I guess.

Well, Calvin is getting an hour and 20 mins, so if Tiesto got the same slot time, thats 11.05pm, which would sit nicely with a 11pm curfew.

Or, by some chance they had an extension and he got a 2 hours slot, thats 11.45 for a 12pm curfew. Either way, its going to be finished before 12 I guess.

This is my 11th time to see tiesto I've never seen him play less than a 3hr set when he's the headliner id say curfew is 12 at the earliest..I seen him twice in the O2 one finished at 11 and the other time it was 12

This is my 11th time to see tiesto I've never seen him play less than a 3hr set when he's the headliner id say curfew is 12 at the earliest..I seen him twice in the O2 one finished at 11 and the other time it was 12

Last time he didn't have as much support, I think on the Kaliedoscope Tour it was one (Virtual Vault if I remember correctly) and it was a Friday night. Time before was Ballinalough and that was Cosmic Gate supporting (Obviously no curfew there) I saw him at United in Nice (2009) and he played after David Guetta for only 90 mins or so. It was actually pretty funny as most of the French crowd left after Guetta :pac: All the major festivals have seen a huge reduction in set times, just look at the likes of Ultra and Tomorrowland.

So a less than 2 hour set is not off the cards. That said we're all guessing. If I was gambling, I'd say 11pm finish.

Last time he didn't have as much support, I think on the Kaliedoscope Tour it was one (Virtual Vault if I remember correctly) and it was a Friday night. Time before was Ballinalough and that was Cosmic Gate supporting (Obviously no curfew there) I saw him at United in Nice (2009) and he played after David Guetta for only 90 mins or so. It was actually pretty funny as most of the French crowd left after Guetta :pac: All the major festivals have seen a huge reduction in set times, just look at the likes of Ultra and Tomorrowland.

So a less than 2 hour set is not off the cards. That said we're all guessing. If I was gambling, I'd say 11pm finish.
    I was at him at tomorrowland..and seen him in the dam a few months ago 3hr unreal set I say he finishes at 12 there's no way he'll play less than an hour and a half not a chance

• Advertisement

I was at him at tomorrowland..and seen him in the dam a few months ago 3hr unreal set I say he finishes at 12 there's no way he'll play less than an hour and a half not a chance

Just seen on FB that the show is finished at 10:30 so I'm presuming it will go Amon till 11 wat a load of bollox I seen calvin Harris and tiesto in Amsterdam 2 months ago calvin played 2hrs and tiesto player 3hrs..wat happened to the days of tiestos 5 hr sets !!

Just seen on FB that the show is finished at 10:30 so I'm presuming it will go Amon till 11 wat a load of bollox I seen calvin Harris and tiesto in Amsterdam 2 months ago calvin played 2hrs and tiesto player 3hrs..wat happened to the days of tiestos 5 hr sets !!

Do you have a source for that? I checked MCD and can't see anything about it. That would mean Tiesto is playing 45 mins?!

Do you have a source for that? I checked MCD and can't see anything about it. That would mean Tiesto is playing 45 mins?!

I only seen it on a FB page that is promoting the Pete tong after party it says the after party starts at 11 in the wright venue and the show in the O2 finishes at 10:30..there's no a chance of a headlining dj to play less than 90 mins

I only seen it on a FB page that is promoting the Pete tong after party it says the after party starts at 11 in the wright venue and the show in the O2 finishes at 10:30..there's no a chance of a headlining dj to play less than 90 mins

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=623013084430897&id=562047860527420&set=a.563189010413305.1073741828.562047860527420&source=46&refid=17

Not arguing with yourself or the link, but I call shenanigans on that. 45 mins would be an utter joke for Tiesto to play for. Basically 10 tracks or so! I think an 11pm finish is more realistic.

Not arguing with yourself or the link, but I call shenanigans on that. 45 mins would be an utter joke for Tiesto to play for. Basically 10 tracks or so! I think an 11pm finish is more realistic.

I reckon 11:30-12 either way have a good night

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

How much does the O2 hold for such standing events? ... I was there too years back for Tiesto and from what I can remember it wasn't overly packed at all and could have held a good bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

irishfeen wrote: »
    How much does the O2 hold for such standing events? ... I was there too years back for Tiesto and from what I can remember it wasn't overly packed at all and could have held a good bit more.

It holds 14,500 at standing events.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

JJ wrote: »
    It holds 14,500 at standing events.
    Jaysus that much? :eek: ... should be great craic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭xploderz

Jello wrote: »

That's rubbish, there's no such thing on his official facebook page as claimed in the article. Oh wait. A joke. I get jokes. Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ok, i laughed, even though i hate that music

Scotch EDM superstar Calvin Harris has today announced that he is to pull out of tomorrow’s eagerly awaited show in Dublin’s O2 Arena due to illness.

Unfortunately for Harris fans, this will also mean that he will miss the entirety of the Greater Than mini tour, which kicks off tonight in Belfast’s Odyssey Arena and finishes on Monday in Glasgow via Dublin, London and Manchester.

Harris made the announcement earlier today on his official Facebook profile, “Unfortunately due to illness I’m not going to be able to play my upcoming Greater Than shows in Belfast, Dublin, London, Manchester and Glasgow. Really sorry to all of you guys who had tickets. We’re already working on getting back to all of these places in 2014.”

While Harris has not divulged the extent of his illness, it is believed that is is suffering from Acute Testicular Discomfort, after a source close to the DJ revealed that he had ‘a pain in his bollocks with touring.’

Event organisers, MCD, were quick to respond to the announcement with news of an ambitious replacement. John Spencer, a spokesperson for the promotional company, spoke about the upcoming show, “We’re disappointed with Calvin’s decision to pull out of the show but there is very little we can do when it comes to illness, it’s just one of those things.”

“We are however delighted to announce that we will be replacing Calvin Harris with a brand new, state of the art, sixteen gigabyte USB stick,” he enthusiastically explained. “Calvin has agreed to copy and paste the pre-recorded set he has thrown together for the tour straight onto the USB storage device,” added Mr. Spencer.

“So apart from the improved stage presence and charisma that the USB stick obviously brings to the table, the show will hardly be affected at all,” he assured.

Harris, pictured above ruining a show by forcing his self involved opinions on the audience, has filled the remaining fourteen gigabytes free space on the USB stick with retorts, should any of the crowd feel the need to question his mixing capabilities or track selection.

Early reports of MCD raising ticket prices to facilitate the USB stick’s involvement have been quashed, with the company instead offering a full refund to the parents of all twenty six known Calvin Harris fans in Ireland.

Linky http://www.wunderground.ie/calvin-harris-pulls-out-of-greater-than-tour-due-to-illness/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

On facebook the o2 confirmed show will finish 11pm sharp..

bennyl10 wrote: »

That's **** tiesto playing an hour and 15 mins is terrible

That's **** tiesto playing an hour and 15 mins is terrible

Its the same for every other concert..
    Artist wouldnt have made a difference.. thats the o2s licence.

Its a concert venue not a nightclub.

Its the same for every other concert..
    Artist wouldnt have made a difference.. thats the o2s licence.

Its a concert venue not a nightclub.

Should of started it earlier paying 50e you'd expect a longer set

Should of started it earlier paying 50e you'd expect a longer set

Its a coheadliner though..
    MCDs argueement would be its a 3 hour total headliner set.

Its a coheadliner though..
    MCDs argueement would be its a 3 hour total headliner set.

True..just shows the wat edm has gone..it's a money racket djs are just laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

is this sold out lads?

edit im selling 3 SEATED tickets for my nephew who cant go. only want face value for them. i have an advert on adverts if interested. my feedback is 100% if thats any reassurance for yis. enjoy the concert guys.

http://www.adverts.ie/concerts-festivals/calvin-harris-tiesto-3-tickets-face-value-only/4456539

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

I'd say he'll overrun til 11:15. 1h30 set, i get the feeling as headliner 1:15 is too short, about 10 songs for him

Advertisement