Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiesto and Calvin Harris the 02

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

spiralism wrote: »
    I'd say he'll overrun til 11:15. 1h30 set, i get the feeling as headliner 1:15 is too short, about 10 songs for him

O2 are crazy strict. I remembering reading the planning application and the fines are big. I think Beyonce (or someone similar) ran over and the promoter ended up footing the bill for the noise complaints etc. Its the same in Croke Park.

I was at Bruno Mars in October (Not a fan, just brought along) but I would have been seriously annoyed if I had paid for it. I think he played for less than 1hr 30mins and then right on cue it was over at 10.30 sharp (Including the encore)

That said, it could be a published 11pm finish, that is actually a 11.15pm finish to have the venue empty by 11.30pm.

Anyway, we'll see what happens tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

FROM TICKETMASTER FACEBOOK & TWITTER:

Anyone heading to Tiësto & Calvin Harris at The O2 Dublin take note of the following times:

09:45-11:00PM Tiesto 75 mins
    8:25-09:40PM Calvin Harris 75 mins
    8:20-08:25PM change over 05 mins
    7:35-8:20PM Pete Tong 45 mins
    7:05-7:35PM Danny Avila 30 mins
    DOORS 6.30PM

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Off to London tomorrow for the gig in Earls Court!!!

Can't wait for the English young wans :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

How was the actual concert?

• Advertisement

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    How was the actual concert?

Visually, very impressive. There are few shows i've been to that I can honestly say a serious effort went into the visual element. Calvin's visuals were off the wall. Very impressive. Tiesto had a nice visual of Dublin and some actual images from the city. Very cool I thought.

Calvin wasn't mixing in my opinion. A huge quantity of his set was pre-recorded. Those seated could easily see the decks (Of the 4 decks, Calvin only used 2. His left and right closest the mixer. He he nearly exclusively used the left one, which in DJing terms is impossible) Tiesto on the other hand was mixing all night and very impressively so.

Crowd was as expected, not a great atmosphere and the news reports are pretty accurate. Honestly I'd recommend anyone to go abroad to see these forms of events, we just attract the dregs here in Ireland.

To quote a friend working there on the staff 'It was the worst concert we had to staff in my 3 years there' :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

ironclaw wrote: »
    To quote a friend working there on the staff 'It was the worst concert we had to staff in my 3 years there' :(

Really can't understand how these major dance acts seem to thing out all the scumbags.. while most nightclubs and stuff around the country are fine..

and gigs of other genres, while maybe having 1/2 arrests, seem to never have the same trouble as major dance..

Really disappointing because, although I don't rate the genre, some of the shows put on cant be incredible spectacles.. and if stufff like this keeps happening, MCD wills top getting acts here..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

bennyl10 wrote: »
    MCD wills top getting acts here..

If MCD can sell out the 02 then there's no way they will stop bringing in Dance acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

If MCD can sell out the 02 then there's no way they will stop bringing in Dance acts.

Licence's will become very hard to get

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Oh no, some nudity!

If that's the worst of it, that's pretty good imo.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Really can't understand how these major dance acts seem to thing out all the scumbags.. while most nightclubs and stuff around the country are fine..

and gigs of other genres, while maybe having 1/2 arrests, seem to never have the same trouble as major dance..

Really disappointing because, although I don't rate the genre, some of the shows put on cant be incredible spectacles.. and if stufff like this keeps happening, MCD wills top getting acts here..

I think its just a massive excuse to get utterly buckled and pop a few pills. You can't do that in a normal nightclub as the door policy will prohibit it and clubs won't put up with it. Its just not tolerated and they know this, so they don't bother showing up. The likes of the O2 and other events would be slow to turn away people in such a fashion and its pretty much impossible to do anyway. You couldn't start turning away everyone as you'd quickly have a riot on your hands.

By the way, took me 45 mins to get in last night (Arrived at 7.15) The seated queue was an absolute shambles. Only two people 'searching' people on the way in. An utter joke.

I think the bottom line is that EDM (or whatever you want to call it) just attracts that sector of the demographic here in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

ironclaw wrote: »
    I think the bottom line is that EDM (or whatever you want to call it) just attracts that sector of the demographic here in Ireland.

That's untrue. Glorified pop music artists are what Calvin Harris and Tiesto are these days. Proper EDM doesn't attract such a crowd.

baz2009 wrote: »
    That's untrue. Glorified pop music artists are what Calvin Harris and Tiesto are these days. Proper EDM doesn't attract such a crowd.

Agreed. Been to Ibiza and across Europe myself, and the Irish crowd is unique to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

jesus, Pete Tong way down the bill on a night of pre-mixed drivel where more talk is about the visuals than the music..sad sad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Sorry late getting back to this thread,Was at the gig,Im a huge Tiesto and Calvin harris fan but unfortunately it attracted the wrong type of crowd...Was also very young crowd and at 25 I felt old at it.

Had planned to go and see Pete tong and then enjoy Calvin and Tiesto. But i was queuing for an hour to get in. Yes the strict searches where expected but the wait was far to long and was very slow. They didn't seem to have enough people searching, i was searched by a guard at the end of a que,There was 2 other men and two women searching. Was a slow process and took an hour,Missed pete tong and mad it 5 mins into Calvin.

As a previous Poster said, The visual effects where class,Confetti,lasers and great lights. Music finished on the dot 11.05pm.

Advertisement