Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost Samsung Galaxy S3

• 16-08-2013 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

My friend was away for a few days and somehow lost his phone / had it stolen.

The phone is dead and going straight to voicemail.

I don't suppose anyone has any ideas of how we might possibly be able to trace the phone despite it being dead?

Unfortunately, the phone isn't insured to make it worse.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

The only thing i can think of is look at gmail/dropbox etc and look for IP addresses accessing the account. It could have picked up a signal before it died so you can at least trace your steps

Does google maps still show recent places? is there a way to access that in your google account?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Thanks very much, very helpful.

We've just rang the local garda station and a Samsung phone was handed in around the time he reckons he lost his, just awaiting a call back to see if it might be his.

Fingers crossed! :)

If not, will most definitely do as you have suggested.

Thanks very much.

Unfortunately, the garda station had a different Samsung.

Phone has now been blacklisted.

Will try the suggestion above, I'd say with the phone being dead it's a lost cause at this stage now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭KAGY

Moyglish wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the garda station had a different Samsung.

Phone has now been blacklisted.

Will try the suggestion above, I'd say with the phone being dead it's a lost cause at this stage now though.

If he set upa Samsung account when he got the phone he could try the find my phone section on their website

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Just tried this again. Amazing. :D

http://findmymobile.samsung.com/login.do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭KAGY

MarkR wrote: »
    Just tried this again. Amazing. :D

http://findmymobile.samsung.com/login.do

Thanks for posting the URL, I was too lazy to find it on the phone. BTW it helps when you've lost your phone at home too - use the ring at full volume option.

And for those who have cyanogenmod I saw something similar in the latest unstable version 10.2. Can't post a screenshot as I've gone back to omega rom

I don't think he ever set up one of those Samsung accounts unfortunately.

Even if he had though, the phone has been dead for 7 days now, so doubt the Find My Mobile feature would even work?

I think it's a lost cause now at this stage. We reckon he probably lost it in the back of a taxi, tried ringing as many taxi numbers as we could find, hasn't turned up yet though.

Ah well, tis an expensive lesson learned.

Advertisement