Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube/Adsense Income - Tax Ireland

Options
  • 16-08-2013 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I am about to be paid from adsense for views on a youtube video, a couple hundred p/m. I have a full time job PAYE employee of a company that has nothing to do with my personal youtube/adsense income.

My question is:

Do I have to pay income tax on my adsense earnings? I see there is allot about VAT and registering for VAT etc but I'm not registered for VAT and don't have any reason to apart from possible youtube/adsense earnings?

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards

Kilcummin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,945 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yes, you have to pay income tax. You need to declare the income - read more about it here: http://www.revenue.ie/en/business/self-assessment.html

More about VAT here: http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/vat/registration/
    In particular note
    A trader is generally required to register for VAT for making supplies of goods and/or services, subject to his or her turnover exceeding certain thresholds. The most common are €37,500 for the supply of services, and €75,000 for the supply of goods.

If your vid went viral and you are in danger of making amounts anywhere nearly like that, then you need to find a good accountant who understands on-line business models, and fast.

But if you're just getting your first E100, then don't stress about it. If you want, you can even ring Revenue and they will adjust your tax credits so you pay the estimated tax due on it from your wages during the rest of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kilcummin

Hi Mrs OBumble (sounds funny writing that) Thanks allot! This is exactly what I needed to hear, I am only making 100 or so a month so I it doesn't look like I'll need to get an account (but hopefully in a year or so I might)

All the best and thanks again!

Kilcummin

Advertisement