Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Dublin City Triathlon

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Still need two belts if you need front and back, one for front and one for back

Number goes to the back on the bike front for the run.

Two numbers are issued to cater to those who pin numbers to a shirt rather than using a belt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Still need two belts if you need front and back, one for front and one for back

Try turning yourself around while keeping the belt static;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Lol, I think I went temporarily mad. Reread the race brief there and thought it had said wear your race belt on the front and back but it only says front for run and back for cycle so yes you are right, I feel stupid now. I need a good nights sleep tonight obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

Just back from registration, nice swag available and a couple of tables setup with marketing stands. Bring your ODL or TI membership card. Parking is limited in the garda club so a lot of people parking on the road.

0zq7.jpg

Did you get all of that in your goody bag?
    i didn't toothpaste, wetsuit shampoo, GO pack, sprinkle seeds.

Yep it was in the bag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

That's a nice few goodies in that bag many races could take note.

Still the seeds though. Does anybody actually use them?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Mr.Fred wrote: »

I have a bag of those at home that I never got around to throwing out. I didnt know whether to plant them or eat them.:D

Seriously though, theyre nice in a stirfry or in an omelette.

Mr.Fred wrote: »

I have them packed on the bag for a post race snack. I love seeds.

I have them packed on the bag for a post race snack. I love seeds.

Careful you don't go spoiling yourself there :D

Haha no worries about that Piranha Tri are gonna spoil me with some ice cream and a nice hot dinner

• Advertisement

Best of luck with it lads, I'll give this one a whirl next year.

for the seeds if nothing else :D

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

Not racing this one myself but will come down and shout some encouragement at ye, what time is the first wave off at? I'm guessing 9am.

Yep wave 1 is 9 am. Last wave (7 and mine :P) is 10.40.

Best of luck to all the other triathletes tomorrow. Its a very strong field at the top level and I hope it pushes the rest of us along a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 2Cans

Great race today, really enjoyed my first olympic distance.
    Very well organised and run with an excellent goody bag.
    Any idea when results are out?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,610 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Thoroughly enjoyed that. Well organised, I thought down to spraying the roots on the cross-country section.

Granted, I only did the relay event. Kudos to anyone taking part today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

2Cans wrote: »
    Great race today, really enjoyed my first olympic distance.
    Very well organised and run with an excellent goody bag.
    Any idea when results are out?

They're already up. Champion chip website.

Results

http://www.irishtriathlon.com/index.php/2013/08/dublin-city-triathlon-results-2013/

I see Gavin Noble had a bit of breathing space at the end. Savage run times by him and Sexton.

hmmm... I am not there??? will there be results2
    hope so

hmmm... I am not there??? will there be results2
    hope so

They may be provisional results but they usually say that at the top of the page and it's just the times are missing not entrants. Try later on.

Check out there Piranha web site or facebook page also.

Did you do the super sprint it looks to be only olympic distance on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

They dont have the DNFs there either :(

• Advertisement

ok, thanks mr.fred
    I will not be happy if my chip didnt work :(
    maybe I got DQ but cant imagine that
    Ill try again later

ok, thanks mr.fred
    I will not be happy if my chip didnt work :(
    maybe I got DQ but cant imagine that
    Ill try again later

Ah I'd check back later on just had a look at their site and they aren't up yet. Hopefully you show up later in the finalised results.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

Fail to prepare: prepare to fail. I didn't really look at the briefing and thought the race didn't start til 10....found out otherwise at 8:40:P raced about as well as I expected anyway - alright swim, disappointing bike but pretty happy with my run. Kudos to piranha though - great race with a generous goody bag, good organisation and I think they were pretty tight with penalties today.

Whatever about the NS, the big races really show up who the top athletes are. If there were fewer races that all attracted such a high quality field it would make for a much more exciting competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

at the finish line the lad one the mic said that the first 300 across the line already had the times up. id say the rest will be up later.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Doeshedare

There are only 370 odd results out of 632 potential starters and only 18 results for those from wave 5, so dont panic.....yet

Well done to Piranha et al, very well run event. I beat my last years self by 17 minutes, my mid life crisis is developing nicely.

Sorted got a txt there
    3hr04m delighted with that

Damn those 4mins I'll have to return next year ancd claim them now ;)
    Well done to everyone today really enjoyable event

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭BohToffee

Well done to the organisers and the marshals, very well run race though I didn't think that earlier when I was shattered even though I only done the SS...

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

Kudos to all in Piranha, they always marshall the race so well and keep it safe. Saw 3 guys come off their bikes hard on a fast wet corner but all got up kept going and all the spectators cheered and clapped them on.

Rachel Glendon is getting really strong, that was a massive win on a pretty stacked female field, most competitive race this season by a fair margin.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭stiofan85

Hmmm...no sign of my result either.

Ruined my swim, was going strong on the bike then broke a spoke! :( Last 20k were torture - the back brakes were rubbing so hard the wheel locked up when pushing it into transition.

Run was well highlighted - really enjoyed it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

Sh1t swim for me yesterday including a good punch on the back of me head and a good oul cramp in me calf on the way back downstream both stopping me in my tracks for a few minutes!! Thanks to the canoeists for settling me and setting me off again!! Had a good bike and an ok run.

A whole lot of work goes into organising this race I'd say and especially by John Wallnutt - I wanted to approach him yesterday and say well done but was just too disappointed at the time with my own race and wanted to get out of there!! John, I know you are a reader and poster on boards so - - well done!!

The cycle course was really well marshalled I thought - not an easy task with so much of the normal Sunday activity going on in the Park. The run course is good - obviously not the fastest but still well worked out when the cycle course takes up so much ground in the park.

The swim, is as good as you can get on a river - Personally though I'd prefer a ramp for getting out rather than the pontoons - small point though. One personal thing that the organisers can do nothing about though - I wish the River was wider at the start!!!

Advertisement