Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Dublin City Triathlon

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Didnt realise John was a reader. If you're reading John i just want to say thanks for a great event. From what i saw it seemed very well organised. Everything seemed to run very smoothly.

Unfortunately i could only do the swim and had to head to work after that but i liked the idea of club members on the bike route taking note of potential drafters and then if a few got the same number the person was penalised. I think all clubs can take from that. When i got held up by drafters at Roses Point earlier in the year i was pleading with static marshals to take note but they didnt. I think that should be done at all races now.

Goodie bag was pretty epic! One of the best ive ever gotten. I was raging i had to head off as there is always a good atmosphere at DCT. The pictures of the Fanzone look great too.

From my own race (Swim)
    I started too central. I've a history of panicking in the water and unfortunately it happened here too at about 200m! I lost about 40s composing myself and then had to swim through from the very back and around a number of packs. Still came out in 23:22 so i was happy with that time considering the disaster! I was getting funny looks climbing over the tape as people ran to T1!

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

Bam - I may have been mistaken regarding John being on boards I though he was but thinking about since where I saw his quote was a "cut and paste" from the DCT Website. Sorry If I gave you a bad steer!!

No worries. Will mail them so anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭NorthernRaider

Only 370 or so finishers - seems much lower than prior years? Is that final, anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jmcmen

Hi There,
    Absolutely super Race I thought, The whole thing was excellent from Goodie bag to Finish.

One downer and no fault of DCT, I seem to have someones wetsuit when I went to wash mine last night. Cant remember who was beside me or who was left in Transition when I got back to pick up my bike.

My suit was a TYR suit. PM me if you have it and I can arrange to get yours back to you too if your out there.

Thanks and apologies if it was my fault, which most likely it was

• Advertisement

You should probably email John Wallnutt too (which you may have already done)

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

It was an excellent event. Very well organised and super course.

I was surprised how clear the water in the Liffey was. I only saw one shopping trolley.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭toomuchdetail

This was a cracking event yesterday , tougher course than I expected but it makes finishing it that little bit sweeter. Swim is tight with lots of aggression even 200m downstream , thats ok if your working for positon for a turn but when your 30 places from the front your wave and 50m off pace I see little point in it. The bike was a challenge but for the right reasons , nice drags with regular fast sections . The run while tiresome was good with the grass very testing . Excellent event overall with a loaded field .

The event organisers (Prianaha) have really set the benhmark for all clubs and aspiring National series races , it was a very well planned, thought out and executed race yesterday .Even the little touches of club members been on the isolated parts of the bike leg for support were well thought out .
    Definately a race to mark in for 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

This was a cracking event yesterday , tougher course than I expected but it makes finishing it that little bit sweeter. Swim is tight with lots of aggression even 200m downstream , thats ok if your working for positon for a turn but when your 30 places from the front your wave and 50m off pace I see little point in it. The bike was a challenge but for the right reasons , nice drags with regular fast sections . The run while tiresome was good with the grass very testing . Excellent event overall with a loaded field .

The event organisers (Prianaha) have really set the benhmark for all clubs and aspiring National series races , it was a very well planned, thought out and executed race yesterday .Even the little touches of club members been on the isolated parts of the bike leg for support were well thought out .
    Definately a race to mark in for 2014.

One thing i will say is bring back the burgers ! The food was pretty terrible afterwards... Got the chicken and there was no chicken in it .. Advised everone else in the q to get the stew.. Bring back the cheeseburgers from last year ! Gr8 event otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 24,610 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

One thing i will say is bring back the burgers ! The food was pretty terrible afterwards... Got the chicken and there was no chicken in it .. Advised everone else in the q to get the stew.. Bring back the cheeseburgers from last year ! Gr8 event otherwise
    I really enjoyed the chicken option, I have to say. That said, I hadn't expected anything and when I did hear of food, I didn't expect it to be as good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Was very impressed that they highlighted most of the bad patches on the bike course (must have taken hours and hours)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

peter kern wrote: »
    Was very impressed that they highlighted most of the bad patches on the bike course (must have taken hours and hours)

That's a very good point Peter. Every root was sprayed with yellow paint on the run course. Also, all pot holes and drains, etc were marked on the bike route. Amazing attention to detail.

@bryangiggsy - the chicken actually tasted better than it looked. Although I was hesitant about eating it, it tasted damn good when I did. I think we got the first 2 portions so that's probably why there was more juice than chuck in it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Fantastic job by Piranha on Sunday. Incredible how many volunteers they had out covering the course.
    Impressed too with the marking on the bike and run courses, although one poor bugger seriously clocked himself on a low branch on the run. I remember almost doing the same last year, damn sure you won't do it twice.
    Not meaning to take away from a great day at all, though, very well organised to accommodate a huge number of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

few things that could be improved even already one of the top 5 events in the country)
    1 t2 should be neutral ( had an impact on the race outcome)
    2 race transfers should be more flexible ( and i think the date for tranfers was changed ) its a pity that a guy that was on the podium last year did not get an entry for the race.
    3 a video for beginners where they should ride on the course ( and how to ract in certain scenarios) might give them better guidence and more confortable what they should do .
    Its not nice if they get shouted at by athletes ( we want to keep them in the sport) and its equally not nice if they are in the way of competitors. But I guess that would be more a job for TI as while very imprtant for dublin tri it concerns all races.

Advertisement