Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i want to no are your doin any different meter boxes

Options
  • 16-08-2013 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

i wat to no are yous doinany different meter boxes i have th old one that i can nly getcards for it in my credit union

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Tracy,

For electricity arrears management, the token meters are being phased out. Now we provide pay-as-you-go (PAYG) meters for the same purpose (clearing arrears/paying for current usage).
    A customer with a token meter cannot swap it for a PAYG meter. What they need to do is have the token meter removed and then apply for the PAYG meter, and they will be assessed as to whether they are eligible for one. If they no longer have arrears, they would not be deemed eligible for a PAYG meter.

Even though token meters are being phased out and less retailers are selling them, they are still available at some retail outlets with the PayPoint facility. Here is a map of PayPoint locations throughout Ireland, just click on your locality: http://www.paypoint.ie/locator.htm

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tracypigott

i just want to keep my meter box but if i could get a new one of yous that i could get the credit for it in the shop down from me hear in virginia i would really like to stay with electric ireland

Hi Tracy,

For electricity arrears management, the token meters are being phased out. Now we provide pay-as-you-go (PAYG) meters for the same purpose (clearing arrears/paying for current usage).
    A customer with a token meter cannot swap it for a PAYG meter. What they need to do is have the token meter removed and then apply for the PAYG meter, and they will be assessed as to whether they are eligible for one. If they no longer have arrears, they would not be deemed eligible for a PAYG meter.

Even though token meters are being phased out and less retailers are selling them, they are still available at some retail outlets with the PayPoint facility. Here is a map of PayPoint locations throughout Ireland, just click on your locality: http://www.paypoint.ie/locator.htm

Regards,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again Tracy,

From looking at the PayPoint website, Virginia Credit Union is the only outlet in the area that sells tokens for the type of meter you have.

Unfortunately we would not be able to swap your token meter for a PAYG meter. The required procedure would be removal of your token meter and submission of an application by you for a PAYG meter. We cannot say whether you would be considered eligible for one. If there are no arrears on your Electric Ireland account, you would not be considered eligible for a PAYG meter.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement