Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comrades 2014 - The Down Run

Options
  • 16-08-2013 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭

Last year's thread & official website.

Date: Sunday, 1 June 2014
    Start: 05h30 in Pietermaritzburg
    Finish: 17h30 in Durban
    Distance: 89km - 56 miles

Entries opens on Sept 1st. Anyone thinking of running it? I'm definitely going back for a 2nd attempt expecially as you only get the one chance to pick up their back-to-back medal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I'd love to. But I need to win the lottery first ...

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Gijima

I think 1or2 lads from Marathon Club Ireland were talking of doing 2014 race.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

There's a 'webinar' being held by the SA equivalent of the Marathon Talk podcast which might be of interest.
    Entries for the 2014 Comrades Marathon open on 1 September and Run Talk SA is proud to present their ‘Is Comrades for me?’ FREE webinar with Brad Brown and the Comrades & Run Talk SA coach, Lindsey Parry. Lindsey’s credentials speak for themselves; he is a Comrades Marathon silver medalist, a superb coach for both elite and novice athletes and knows EXACTLY what it takes to secure your Comrades Marathon medal. Brad has completed 3 Comrades and has a pretty inspirational story. If you haven’t seen the video of his journey on YouTube yet, you can watch it here. Brad is proof that with a big goal and perseverance ANYONE can run the Comrades Marathon.

http://www.runtalksa.co.za/comrades

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

I bit the bullet & committed last weekend! For anyone interested here's that webinar.

Advertisement