Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Will You Do First?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Find a fast car, find a group of cyclists .... You know the rest :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Kenno90 wrote: »

Drive alongside them ensuring they are well hydrated at all times?

I'd love it if this time they did a very quick opening and it ended with you 'waking up'. So when you start the game you're just getting out of bed and leaving your (michaels) house.

This way you'd be starting off with a fairly simple surrounding and would be able to slowly enter the outside world. One thing I did dislike about the other GTAs is that they start you with a bit of a lengthy drive. Not a bad thing as such, but I always thought it'd be better to be free roaming and be able to take the city in by day and in your own time without any dialogue or subtitles or directions, etc. getting in your way throughout.

And because you'd be waking up, the night time city would be yet to come (and lets face it, the cities always look better by night) so you'd have a bit of a double-whammy of how impressive the city looked.

That's just my though.

Personally, I plan to grab a car (something tasty with a bit of oomph) and tear around the place. I assume we'll start free-roaming at michaels house anyway, so we'll be part-way between city and country. I'll probably head to the city for a while and grab a helicopter (if im allowed into the airport) to take a mooch around the countryside.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Swim out into the ocean and get eaten by a shark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

One thing I did dislike about the other GTAs is that they start you with a bit of a lengthy drive.

The GTA IV story started with quite a bit of driving, but that was likely because of the new driving. GTA III had a short drive, VC a little longer, SA you started in free roam on a bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Which character do ye think we'll start off as? I have a feeling it'll be Micheal and we'll eventually meet the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Hand in my notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Grove%2BStreet..%2BHome...jpg

After 6 years on the east coast, it was time to go home...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭recyclops

Im gonna go look for a horse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

miralize wrote: »
    After 6 years on the east coast, it was time to go home...

How dare you screw up that quote!
    It's "After five years on the East Coast, it was time to go home"

I HATE YOU!:mad:

:D:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

How dare you screw up that quote!
    It's "After five years on the East Coast, it was time to go home"

I HATE YOU!:mad:

:D:P

See I knew someone was going to bring that up. I had originally said 6 because i was sure GTA IV came out in 2007, and GTA IV is set in Liberty City (New York, east-coast) I thought someone might get the reference, until I found out that the game came out in 2008... I ballsed it up royally but not in the way that you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

miralize wrote: »
    See I knew someone was going to bring that up. I had originally said 6 because i was sure GTA IV came out in 2007, and GTA IV is set in Liberty City (New York, east-coast) I thought someone might get the reference, until I found out that the game came out in 2008... I ballsed it up royally but not in the way that you think.

If you're referencing the opening lines of GTA: SA, and going from Liberty to SA again, then I get you. If not, then . . . POTATOES!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

RAMPAGE !!!! after the intro :D

RAMPAGE!!!!

Which only serves to remind me how much I really want this on the radio in the game:

EDIT: Actually, seen as the track listing has been apparently leaked, can anyone confirm if this is in or not?! (I don't want to know the track listing, but just if this one particular song is in or out!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

god i too hope they put that in the game just for nostalgia sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

According to the leaked list, unfortunately the Da Shootaz song (best song ever) is not in the tracklist :(

That's not to say it isn't still in the game though, so I'm gonna hold onto some hope :D

Ah, that's a pity. It's never aged.

I'm certain it'll appear somewhere. I believe it was a ringtone in IV? I'd rather it was just on the radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Kill sheehy.

Ah, that's a pity. It's never aged.

I'm certain it'll appear somewhere. I believe it was a ringtone in IV? I'd rather it was just on the radio.

I'd love if they had an mp3 station, like they do in the PC version, so you could have your own tracklist on the go. Or even something like EA's Trax, where you could turn off individual songs you truly disliked, rather than having to skip the station in a frantic rage :D

Still, it was mentioned in one of the threads, that if it had a web radio feature, like Euro Truck Simulator 2, where you could tune into to favourite radio show/station live, it could be pretty cool :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Really dont get why you'd want to add your own music. The music is picked for a certain feel.

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Really dont get why you'd want to add your own music. The music is picked for a certain feel.

I get where you're coming from and during the first playthrough, I would not bother with any of my own music. I get that R* set the mood with specific tracks at specific times and so on.

But I'm talking about when you've played it for god knows how many hours and the selection just isn't fresh anymore. I recently play through IV again and played most of the game with the in game radio off.

Maybe it could be something that would unlock after you complete the story mode for the first time? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Kill sheehy.

PM sent... ;)

#operationoverthrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Fly as high as possible and jump

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Rent and then kill a hooker. Its tradition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Tinie wrote: »
    Rent and then kill a hooker. Its tradition.
    You forgot steal her money.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Kenno90 wrote: »

Yeah shout at them 'Real men ride women not bikes'!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 hurleyman15

Do a few missions to start off. Then steal a decent car and Just drive round the whole map, to explore and so I can listen to all the radio stations and find out the one I like. And Crash, a lot (I'm a terrible driver in all games).

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

I think I'll take an epic drive, after any introductory missions. Radio on, cruising around, taking in the awesomeness. Though all bets are off, I'm pretty sure I'll be involved in mayhem, accidentally or otherwise, before too long. But I think I'll lay off the missions for a while and just explore.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

Climb into a car and go for a long drive listening to the radio stations and just checking the map out, maybe go for a dive too and see how detailed the ocean floor really is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I'd say I will probably go for a game of golf first or go road cycling, hopefully it will be unlocked from the get go.

Advertisement