Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday the 15th of September:Invasion [ssf4 ae tournament]

Options
  • 16-08-2013 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

https://www.facebook.com/events/625063164181877/

OUR FIRST ALL DAY EVENT [SUNDAY]

Cottage Bar, 76 Salthill Road Lower, Galway

super street fighter 4: arcade edition - Tournament [xbox]
    and casuals before and after
    feel free to bring your own pad or stick
    pay five euro entry fee and get a free pint
    the kitty is split up between the winners

CASUALS FROM 2 - 4
    SSF4 AE TOURNAMENT FROM 4 - 8
    MORE CASUALS FROM 8 - 12

REGISTRATION IS ALSO FROM 2 -4

Tournament Rules and Format.

Pools followed by top 8 in double elimination. Each match will consist of 3 games with each game being best of 3 rounds, If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played. Grand finals will be 3/5.

1. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

2. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

3. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after loosing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he looses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set.

4. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

5. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

6. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed. (Though it will be pretty damn hype.)

8. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭distraction

oh there will be taunting

6237620080825_133239_1_big.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Dan up or feck off! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

well finish up at 7:00 ish to make sure everyone can get back to the bus station on time..

dublin
    the 8:45 gobus is probably the best option for anyone trying to get back to dublin after the tourney..
    http://www.gobus.ie/timetable.php?map=1

cork and limerick
    last city link back to limerick/cork is at 7:30 so its not ideal but
    http://www.citylink.ie/images/citylink-cork-timetable-for-web.pdf

theres a bus eireann one at 8:05
    http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1360753025-051.pdf

not sure about if coming from anywhere else..

anyone plan on making a trip for this?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If I am not in Germany at the time, I will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

Yo, where's the collusion rule? You guys wanna get black-balled from the FGC? Think of the SRK/Eventhubs coverage! :P

ive already been in touch with event hubs.. they said they wont promote our event because we have far too much craic and get way too drunk..

and dont get me started on those scrubs over at srk

At this point I wouldn't bother with either of them, they don't actually promote anything outside of their little circles.

i was just trying to be funny lol

chris do you think youll make the trip or know anyone in cork that might be up for making the trip?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

i was just trying to be funny lol

chris do you think youll make the trip or know anyone in cork that might be up for making the trip?

Afraid not. I can barely make it to Cork city for their own tournaments. Galway would be a bit of a stretch. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

There's a good chance I will head up. I go up to Galway alot anyway. I'll ask some of the other cork people too.

raah! wrote: »
    There's a good chance I will head up. I go up to Galway alot anyway. I'll ask some of the other cork people too.

good stuff. just could be helpful to know who all is coming in advace incase people wanna stay for the night and need somewhere to stay

so its looking like were going to have competitiors from dublin, cork, limerick, mayo, clare and galway.. looking good..

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭distraction

loadsa heads should be great fun

tumblr_m06tgzJ0xo1qjpwpao1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

cheers bento..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

We gave the event, along with the regular monday night fights, a shout out on this month's HSN podcast. It should be online tomorrow.

Also, shout outs to Doom's youtube channel and RandomSelect on the show too. Keeping it real for the Irish fighting crew :)

nice one...

l5uo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Will try make the trip for this. Sounds good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'm considering coming too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I may be able to attend this also. I'd rather not drive myself though so if anyone is planning a day trip I could chip in for petrol costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

I may be able to attend this also. I'd rather not drive myself though so if anyone is planning a day trip I could chip in for petrol costs.

Theres one space in mine but i'm not 100% i'l have the car.

If I don't get it you could drive me eff ramza hound and we'll give u petrol cash if u like?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

We'll see what happens.

hyped........................................................................

can anyone attending and not driving/lift please let me know what your plans are for a place to stay or how late your last bus/train home is..

obviously i can speak to people in person at the event but if i can know vaguely what people are at then if any arrangements need to be made for x y or z i can sort them with plenty of time in advance..

--

nice one lads, were looking forward to it..
    galways first proper contribution to the ifgc

hope ye have a great day to those of you that come down.. well do everything we can to make sure its gonna be a blast..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

So the last citylink to cork is at 7:30. I'll have to be on that. Same goes for steeez too I suppose. Ahm if we can leave before that time without missing out then that would be cool!

I guess the Dublin lads will just have to knock ye out before then so :P

im planning on running a tight ship with the group stages on simulateously to get through it as fast as possible.. so im hoping to have grand finals on by 630
    if ye get a cab at 7 yell be safely on the bus home..

• Advertisement

if ye can/want to stay for the rest of the night im sure we can put ye up

Advertisement